Teacher fired for ... wizardry??? Holy Hogwarts Harry!!!

jimpeel

I wonder if they are erecting a stake and gathering kindling for his trial.

They say ya just can't make this stuff up; but somebody did.

http://www.local6.com/news/16169506/detail.html

Fla. Teacher Accused Of Wizardry
Man Made Toothpick Vanish In Class

POSTED: 10:15 pm EDT May 5, 2008
UPDATED: 12:09 am EDT May 6, 2008

LAND 'O LAKES, Fla. -- A substitute teacher in Pasco County has lost his job after being accused of wizardry.

Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know f any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

Obligatory....
monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

I guess it depends on the definition of "Wizardry".

These people's ain't the same as mine.

a wiz, and a warlock, ain't the same.

well that makes sense since the radical right is convinced jesus is on their side... the radical left might as well grasp at the flip side and boil up some newt dicks and cock eyes.

awww, but magic tricks are so fun! i had a science teacher who did magic tricks... that was a really fun class, he was a cool guy. sucks to know that someone somewhere could have accused him of wrongdoing.

as to the article cat posted about the anti-war witches... a spell is nothing more than a focusing of intention!

Members of an anti-war group began gathering Friday with pink placards and banners outside of a controversial Marine Corps Recruiting Center in Berkeley, Calif., where Code Pink had promised to use witchcraft to rally against the Iraq war.

:laugh::roll2::laugh:

With wastes of DNA like this as your mouthpieces, I feel so very confident in the liberal message being taken seriously. You go bois. :hairbang:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356534,00.html

Florida School Administrators Want Fired 'Wizard' Teacher Story To Disappear
Sunday, May 18, 2008

School administrators in Florida need a magic spell to ward off evil spirits from what they say is a false story circulating the Internet about a teacher fired for wizardry.

According to the St. Petersburg Times, Marge Whaley — member of the Pasco County School Board — said she at one point was getting as many as 50 angry calls and e-mails a day from people nationwide outraged over the school's decision to fire a substitute teacher.

On May 5 Local6.com reported that Jim Piculas said he made a toothpick disappear and reappear in front of students at the Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes, Fla. He said he later got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he had been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue. You can't take any more assignments. You need to come in right away,'" he told Local6.com.

But administrators say the firing of Piculas had nothing to do with the magic trick, the newspaper said. The school based their decision on complaints from teachers and parents who said that Piculas used profane language, couldn't control his class and put a student in charge, it was reported.

The district administrators said the story got over overblown when it spread like wildfire over the Internet.

But Piculas, who has become a cause célèbre to some to some, said he was concerned the incident may prevent him from being considered for future jobs.

Click here to read the full story in the St. Petersburg Times.

Click here to read the original story from Local6.com.

Back