teary teary weekend

nalani

So, I wanted to watch a movie Saturday night, just to *rid* myself of the day .. the ex was over to visit with the kids and went to Walmart - he brought home "Finding Neverland" and "Ladder 49". I watched the first TWICE on Saturday night and cried both times .. if you haven't seen it and you like JM Barrie (or Peter Pan), I recommend it ... but god, oh god, that feckin' kid that plays Peter will pull at your heart a bit. ***side note on him .. he's not actually "cute", but he's not "ugly" either. I'm not sure what endears me to him ... anyway ...

Then, yesterday, after my daughter danced for the opening of Merrie Monarch Week, aka, HELL WEEK (ask ku'u), I went home and watched "Ladder 49". OMFG, it's seriously one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. Rent them both - buy them both .. you won't regret it. But if you are anything like me, you will need to get some tissue too .. what a crybaby ... :cry:

I saw Ladder 49 yesterday and I cried too. I did alright up to when everyone stood up and clapped at the end, then I lost it.

i've been holding out on seeing ladder 49 because i am afraid it will be rift with errors and assumptions about firefighting and i am afraid that i will spend the whole movie picking apart their technique...you guys are making me think i should see it though.

Like Backdraft Tonks? Cus you can really see that well in a fire... ;)

Still with all the campy stuff and the stuff they "Hollywood-ized", I can't help but cry every single time when he says, "Look at him. That's my brother God Damn it." :crying4:

I really want to see Ladder 49. And Ray. And a lot of other movies. But ever since Blockbuster came up with their bright idea of no late fees, I can't find anything on the shelves. :mad:

You could always try Hollywood Video... and since Blockbuster decided to back down on the hostile takeover bid, there should still be a Hollywood for a while.

Back