tecnical question about changing ".aa" files to ".mp3"?!?

markjs

Banned
I KNOW it can be done but despite exaustive research I cannot seem to do it! I have tried River Past, old versions and new, Goldwave (old and new) dBpoweAMP (old and new), and Soundtaxi. The only thing I can get to work at all is Soundtaxi which unfoirtunately I cannot afford at this time.....Audible fooled me into a membership by their software supporting my MP3 player which does not in turn support their format! So now I have all these completely unusable audio books.......I Need DETAILED instructions on how to do this for free if it's possible. Otherwise I will soon buy Soundtaxi but for now I just can't stretch the budget and I wanna listen to my books!

I am at wits end with this thing about to dive out a window!

Tunebite not only doesn't work it is too limited in it's trial version.....The bizzare thing is I hear that other people have done it sucessfully with dBpowerAMP, Goldwave, and River Past, yet when I did the same as much the same as the directions I find make it possible to do, it does not work!

My next step would be to try to find a way to convert the .aa files to .ogg. Easy to convert .ogg to .mp3. I think you've gotta start with Linux though. Free software for Linux is just a bit more available than it is for Window$. :D

Actually it turns out dBpowerAMP works great I just didnt have the MS Directshow filter correctly installed....

DOH! :tomato:

Back