Terrorists, wait, we're leaving

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Democrats have decided to force us to cut & run.

Step back, collect your thoughts & prepare your ammunition caches. We'll be gone in just over a year & the you can kill Iraqis at your leisure.

WASHINGTON (AP) - A sharply divided House voted Friday to order President Bush to bring combat troops home from Iraq next year, a victory for Democrats in an epic war-powers struggle and Congress' boldest challenge yet to the administration's policy.

Ignoring a White House veto threat, lawmakers voted 218-212, mostly along party lines, for a binding war spending bill requiring that combat operations cease before September 2008, or earlier if the Iraqi government does not meet certain requirements. Democrats said it was time to heed the mandate of their election sweep last November, which gave them control of Congress.

With Democrats holding 233 seats and Republicans with 201, Democrats were able to afford only 15 "no" votes. Accordingly, Pelosi, and her leadership team spent days trying to convince members that the bill was Congress' best chance of forcing Bush to change course—an argument that was aided when they added more than $20 billion in domestic spending in an effort to lure votes.

Good to see some things never change.
Source

Only 20 billion? Think of the massive savings over what the war costs! Sweet.

We'll be gone in just over a year & the you can kill Iraqis at your leisure.

OMGZ teh evil Iraqi's is gonna swim across the oceans and attack my family now.

I'm sure that I have several years on you. I also recall family members going & coming to/from Vietnam.

some very nice beaches in Vietnam. Cheap too - i mean value for money.

-probably not what you were reffering to though?

What? About the 2 million Cambodians who were executed & nearly that many Vietnamese men & women who were slaughtered because of our ill advised & somewhat sloppy exit or about my uncles spending their year in teh bush only to come home to hatred & abuse or my brother-in-laws stories about Hamburger Hill and life as a Green Beret?

Or did you just want to hear about ther beaches? ;)

er?

i meant about your personal or your family experiences in 'Nam - that is much more perosonally interesting to me - real people and real experiences ...

you know?

best, BB

Back