test drive

Dave

i took an Infiniti G35 coupe for a spin.
veh_gal_g35c_11.jpg

its the luxury version of Nissan's 350 ZX. it even shares the drivetrain.
very nice car. acceleration was very good all through the powerband. tight, crisp steering responses. the 4 pot Brembo brakes were solid. the suspension wasn't as stiff as most sports cars. a softer ride than the typical sports car but still gave a good feel of the road. the exhaust had a very nice note to it.
the seats were well bolstered and very comfortable. the dash layout would take some getting used to. lots of buttons everywhere. the automatic transmission sifted smoothly and at the right spots. the automatic also has the "sport-shift" option on it. where you push the shift lever up/down just like a manuel tranny, but no clutch pedal. i liked that. :D
this vehicle is loaded with electronic saftey devices. ABS,Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control and Electronic Brake Force Distribution. basically, if the car doesnt like what you are doing, it will reduce engine power, apply brakes individually, shift power to either rear wheel or any combination of them.

the downside was a very bad blind spot by the rear pillars. took a few quick head twists to make certain no one was hanging on the rear quarters. the side mirrors are a bit on the small side too, so that didnt help matters.
my biggest gripe with the car is head room. the car had a sunroof and i could feel the top of my head constantly grazing the rim of the sunroof. i had the seat all the way down and was in a semi-reclined position. the cabin in general felt a little cramped, but most cars do (i'm 6' 220 lbs).
the salesman is going to let me know if they get one in sans sunroof so i can see how well i fit in that one.

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-30568_sctid-12001,00.html

I know what you mean about headroom. The Neon is fine in that regard, but the '81 Honda I used to have was a little marginal in that category. My hair would always graze the headliner, and when I had gel in my hair by the time I'd get out of the car I'd have a non-gel spot on the top of my head. Not good.

Spot said:
i took an Infiniti G35 coupe for a spin.
veh_gal_g35c_11.jpg

its the luxury version of Nissan's 350 ZX. it even shares the drivetrain.
very nice car. acceleration was very good all through the powerband. tight, crisp steering responses. the 4 pot Brembo brakes were solid. the suspension wasn't as stiff as most sports cars. a softer ride than the typical sports car but still gave a good feel of the road. the exhaust had a very nice note to it.
the seats were well bolstered and very comfortable. the dash layout would take some getting used to. lots of buttons everywhere. the automatic transmission sifted smoothly and at the right spots. the automatic also has the "sport-shift" option on it. where you push the shift lever up/down just like a manuel tranny, but no clutch pedal. i liked that. :D
this vehicle is loaded with electronic saftey devices. ABS,Vehicle Dynamic Control, Traction Control and Electronic Brake Force Distribution. basically, if the car doesnt like what you are doing, it will reduce engine power, apply brakes individually, shift power to either rear wheel or any combination of them.

the downside was a very bad blind spot by the rear pillars. took a few quick head twists to make certain no one was hanging on the rear quarters. the side mirrors are a bit on the small side too, so that didnt help matters.
my biggest gripe with the car is head room. the car had a sunroof and i could feel the top of my head constantly grazing the rim of the sunroof. i had the seat all the way down and was in a semi-reclined position. the cabin in general felt a little cramped, but most cars do (i'm 6' 220 lbs).
the salesman is going to let me know if they get one in sans sunroof so i can see how well i fit in that one.

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-30568_sctid-12001,00.html

Real sports cars have manual transmissions, only 2 seats, and no more than 6 buttons...and those better be on the radio. ;)

Must be the best looking japanese car in ages( I know it's made in USA, but technically, is a Nissan)

took a few quick head twists to make certain no one was hanging on the rear quarters.

Thats what the gas pedal is for,can't be too great a car if someone can hang on the rear quarter panel. :eyemouth:

well, what i meant was running out of real estate in front of me and i wanted to be sure where the other guy was before i cut him off. just didnt feel like typing all that before. :p

Inkara1 said:
I know what you mean about headroom. The Neon is fine in that regard, but the '81 Honda I used to have was a little marginal in that category. My hair would always graze the headliner, and when I had gel in my hair by the time I'd get out of the car I'd have a non-gel spot on the top of my head. Not good.

I spend the entire summer trying to sell the Turbo Mirage. Damn near giving it away. Couldn't find anyone small enough to fit behind the wheel.

Gato_Solo said:
Real sports cars have manual transmissions, only 2 seats, and no more than 6 buttons...and those better be on the radio. ;)

Ahh, someone who understands. The only thing I might give up in a sports car would be the standard pattern shifter for a sequential one. But I'd have to ddrive it first. :grinyes:

Back