Texas chainsaw massacre

my understanding is that it did but the serial killer the chainsaw is based on is Ed Gein. WHo did his killings in Wisconsin.

The movie was based on several cases lumped together, including Ed Gein. It was fleshed out (pardon the pun) and sensationalized to make it more attractive at the box office. I don't think it is a literal re-enactment, nor was there some nut running about the Lone Star State with a Homelite chasing nubile coeds.

At least, not one that got caught...

Ed Gein didn't attack living people. He had weird fascination with human body parts and a great collection of dishes and other home furnishings made from human body parts but it was all from bodies stolen from graveyards.

Now if someone would just make a movie on Gilles de Rais...I doubt it though. Hollywood audience isn't ready for such touchy subject matter.

IDLEchild said:
Now if someone would just make a movie on Gilles de Rais...I doubt it though. Hollywood audience isn't ready for such touchy subject matter.

hmmmm, I'll have to do my homework...

:eek:

I've read about him before, I didn't remember his name thou. And you're right, the average guy is just not ready to see kids dying on screen.

Back