Texas Flood...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Usually this would be about the late Stevie Ray Vaughan, but not this time. Most of you know of the flooding in Texas. For all of our members there, please be safe. If advised to evacuate, do so as soon as possible.

Y'know ... it's a damn shame they can't get that water safely underground into the aquafiers they've bled try over the years.

Y'know ... it's a damn shame they can't get that water safely underground into the aquafiers they've bled try over the years.

That's mostly oil country. I wish there was a way to pump that excess to Cali for their fire, or to GA for their drought, though.

Why do you think they have floods?

The rain typically sent to the SE is being borrowed by Texas & Oklahoma. Same rain, just a different zip code.

Wink, if you read this, can you find out what the official rainfall for your area is so far this year. Here in north Georgia at the halfway point of the year we have only had 13 inches. Its the driest year I've ever known.

Wink, if you read this, can you find out what the official rainfall for your area is so far this year. Here in north Georgia at the halfway point of the year we have only had 13 inches. Its the driest year I've ever known.

Keeps the mosquitos down, though, eh?

You'd think but they'll still out there. Lotsa pools and koi ponds and fountains to hang out in.
Hopefully the bat box we put up will be occupied next year and that will help.

On an up note, it rained good last night :)

You'd think but they'll still out there. Lotsa pools and koi ponds and fountains to hang out in.
Hopefully the bat box we put up will be occupied next year and that will help.

On an up note, it rained good last night :)

Put some bluegill in the koi ponds. Thats always good for a laugh...:D

Not my pond....but it is currently sans fish as the house has been on the market for years.....which is probably why it is mosquito central.

Not my pond....but it is currently sans fish as the house has been on the market for years.....which is probably why it is mosquito central.

All the more reason for the bluegill. BTW...Purple Martins also like to make a meal of mosquitos...

Finally talked to the bro and his wife tonight --- they live just across the lake from Marble Falls. They both said that the town is just decimated --- the destruction is just so bad that TV/pics don't do it justice.

All the lakes above Austin have been closed to any type of use. These are the lakes created on the Colorado River.

4 flood gates have been opened on Possum Kingdom dam on the Brazos River resulting in severe downstream flooding. But, the dam is over 1000 feet in length, so they had to reduce the pressure of the water. They at least gave warning to downstream folks.

Lake Texoma on the Red River is rising and flooding out homes and businesses on its shores.

Back