That's it, we're toast

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
What's the difference between the war & peace winning army of 1945 & the war winning army of 2003. PC crap. :mad:

The Army has filed a criminal assault charge against an American officer who coerced an Iraqi into providing information that foiled a planned attack on U.S. soldiers.
Lt. Col. Allen B. West says he did not physically abuse the detainee, but used psychological pressure by twice firing his service weapon away from the Iraqi. After the shots were fired, the detainee, an Iraqi police officer, gave up the information on a planned attack around the northern Iraqi town of Saba al Boor.
But the Army is taking a dim view of the interrogation tactic. An Army official at the Pentagon confirmed to The Washington Times yesterday that Col. West has been charged with one count of aggravated assault. A military source said an Article 32 hearing has been scheduled in Iraq that could lead to the Army court-martialing Col. West and sending him to prison for a maximum term of eight years.

Washington Times

MrBishop

Fucking insane!!

Col. West should've gotten the info and shot the guy in the head and walked away. Oops...another Iraqui dies on the street...nothing new. Ho hum! Move along.

Instead...they're going to send this guy to jail!?!

freako104

as much as I am against the war i want to say this: he needed the info. there is no reason for him to have any shit put on him. no assault charges or anything. this is PC bullshit. oh wait no i said that wrong since PC=BS. besides it foiled the attack didnt it.

rrfield

I agree with freako. While I am against this war, it is infact WAR. Who knows how many troops lives he saved by getting the information....and he didn't have to kill the dude! He should be gived a f*cking parade, not sent to jail.

rrfield

freako104

Kawaii said:
War SUCKS. Bleh. Could the govt. get a brain or something?

it could but its mostly men and obviously men who need to compensate. hence we build giant phalluses and send them into other countries.

AnomalousEntity

but used psychological pressure

A tactic that is perfectly legal for regular detectives in the US.

While they dont fire weapons.. (like I would give a shit) what they can do that WOULD SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME is:

They can lie and claim they have evidence against you that they dont have, be it forensic, witnesses, circumstatial or otherwise.

They can also lie and claim that the penalties are much worse then they are.

They can lie and fabricate a special "deal" that you will get if you confess.

They can use all sorts of psychological pressures, such as witholding food and drink for a certain period of time, resisting requests to use the rest room or phone...

Etc.

And it goes on every fucking day.

So this guy is going to jail over what?????

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
Fucking insane!!

Col. West should've gotten the info and shot the guy in the head and walked away. Oops...another Iraqui dies on the street...nothing new. Ho hum! Move along.

Instead...they're going to send this guy to jail!?!

Sorry to say this, but what Col. West did was wrong. If we fail to abide by the very rules we set (signed into law by President Reagan), then how can we expect others to follow the rules they set? He knew that the UCMJ states that unarmed police, fire, and other municipal workers are protected. He also knew that you do not discharge your weapon unless you are in grave danger. He, personally, was wrong in 2 instances.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's also against the Geneva Convention, as I just found out.

After 19+ years of service & the fact that he saved his men from another attack, wouldn't it have been simpler to smack him upside the head & demand his retirement than to boot him 3 days from 20 years?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's what kills me. We'd be able to mop Iraq & all it's friends up in about 4 hours if it weren't for the position we've placed ourselves in. I'm not unhappy about that, sometimes though, it'd be nice to say "Bring it on" & actually mean it. People expect a Roman Empire revisited....we could certainly do it. Doing the right thing is tough.

Puma

The U.S isn't the good guys. The only rules it follows are ones that hurt everyone, in this case their soldiers(again).

kr4

Banned
Its not a WAR anyway, it's occupation of a sovereign state by a foreign power. Iraq never declared war on the USA, the invasion wasn't even sanctioned by the UN.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
kr4 said:
Its not a WAR anyway, it's occupation of a sovereign state by a foreign power. Iraq never declared war on the USA, the invasion wasn't even sanctioned by the UN.

YES