The Annual Class Trip

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
My 11 year old son has gone off on his first ever sleepaway class trip.

Errrr....
I was good with it, I thought oh how cute, and I got him all packed up and gave him everything on the list, and packed cool food like Doritos and not granola bars, so he could have fun and not be an utter dweeb. He's got his "cool" pyjamas, and his bestest clothes, and the sleeping bag not with Teddies and Balloons.

So then he was gone off happily, and I sat back with my coffee, and began to reminisce about my class trips, and how much fun we had, and...

:eek13:

What was I thinking letting him go?!

There there Les it won't be that bad will it?

Y'know unless you also took to throwing M+Ms at the teachers etc

My kid has been on a couple of sleep-over trips with his class over the last years. I love it. I take the opportunity to go see a movie, all by myself. :swing:

The JD is still under the sink, so far so good.

That's mine tho, hopefully his buddies aren't smarter than he.

I remember class trips and summer camps and all the trouble I got into or at least tried to get into. I know that my kids will be the same and sadly, I have to learn to cope with it.

I hope your not so little guy has a great time!

i never got to do stuff like that. my mother was not overly involved with my social agenda. if it cost money or took any of her time then it was a no. letting him go was a good thing. he is making memories and learning import life lessons.

Ahh, class trips. This was where I originally developed the "It's only wrong if you get caught" philosophy. Your son is pretty bright, he'll figure it out too, Les.

Where are they going that they need sleeping bags?You didn't send him camping in the midst of a blizzard did ya. :eek5:

chcr said:
Ahh, class trips. This was where I originally developed the "It's only wrong if you get caught" philosophy. Your son is pretty bright, he'll figure it out too, Les.
:eek:

Yeah, it's for bunks in a dorm, here.

Follow in the footsteps of Ontario's first Europeans at Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, near Midland. Explore this recreated, 17th century French Jesuit mission headquarters and experience the interaction of the French and native Wendat Huron nation. This Ontario tourism destination in the Georgian Bay region features a unique time in Canadian history when French missionaries and their workers lived and worked among the Wendat. A rare chance to see the earliest in Canadian pioneer life through guided or self-guided visits, school group tours, "hands-on" education programs, special events and corporate functions. Sainte-Marie among the Hurons will shed light on one of the earliest examples of the introduction of Christianity into Aboriginal culture.
Sainte-Marie today provides a unique historical experience which will delight and intrigue visitors of all ages. Complete your stay with a delicious meal in Restaurant Sainte-Marie and visit the award-winning, indoor museum. Browse the web site and then come and see how life unfolded when two very different peoples came together for the first time.
Sainte-Marie among the Hurons.....An attraction of the Ontario Ministry of Tourism and Recreation.

The Moon of Wintertime Winter Live-In Program encourages your students to examine the issues relating to Sainte-Marie, as two very different cultures attempted to co-exist and understand one another. Sainte-Marie will be offering this program only during the winter months of January, February and March. Included in your visit are large and small group activities such as: blacksmithng, 17th century carpentry, quill pen writing, clay workshops, drama game, fire-starting techniques, cornhusk dolls, native games, snowshoeing, lacrosse, survival game and scavenger hunt.

http://www.saintemarieamongthehurons.on.ca/english/education.html#Live-In Program
:evilcool:

ohNO!! :eek:

and here I was worried about what would happen during "Sainte-Marie among the Hurons will shed light on one of the earliest examples of the introduction of Christianity into Aboriginal culture." :D

Just make sure he understands it was "Voyageur" and not "Voyeur". :swing:

Son: I want to be a Voyeur when I grow up.

Les: No,you mean Voyageur.

Son:I'm pretty sure Dad said he was a Voyeur.

captain.gif

I remember my first big class trip! I had a blast!

It was in grade 7, my first year of Jr High School. We took a bus up from Saint John, NB to Ottawa, Ontario. I remember at the time I couldn't have cared less about the ejamacational sites we visited. I just enjoyed being out with the friends with a 2:30 adult - kid ratio.

Just make sure you didn't send the Planned Parenthood condoms with him, and life should be good. :D

My first class trip resulted in me waking up in a large pool of water in my tent and i couldn't go outside because i could hear the bears out there walking around and eating our food. This resulted in me lying awake all night and catching hypothermia. (no kidding)

Hope your little one has a safe trip. :D

My first field trip was when I was 8 (grade 4) to Unicoi State Park. Rivers, waterfalls, hiking, history presentations, the highest point in the state, angry chaperones, and the the nearby town of Helen... which has a complex that makes it think its a 19th century German village.

Back