the best therapy EVER

nalani

on Monday, I was having the most shitty day ... I don't know if it was me or everyone else, but it was like the soul purpose of everyone was to piss me the phuck off .... then, at 2pm (the usual on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays), I went in to the preschool and took the laptops in for them to play their games ... ahhhhhhhhh... great therapy ...

they don't care about anything except having fun. We colored ... we played games ... we sang songs .... I love being in the preschool ...

This morning wasn't oh-so-great either, but I managed through the day tolerably well ... but, of course, the best part of it (besides the fact that today is my son's birthday and I'm making yakitori short ribs for dinner :brow:) was playing "The Land Before Time" games with the kids ....

ahhhh .. to be four years old again ... to see everything through crayola colors ... then bastard adulthood has to come and rip it all away!

*calms disposition*

there now ... all better ... :headbang:

bright side ... after a hard day of coloring, 4 year olds can't go home, open up a bottle of beer, and take that first sip :beerdrnk:

ku'u *tears of friendship* .. you always know just the right thing to say ... that beer last night was so lovely ... so so so lovely ...

mmm... i have often said... "the key to happiness is to stay young".
ok, so i've never said that... not in those exact words, at least.
i prance merrily in faery costumes, i joyfully devour childrens books. i try my best to see the world thru the eyes of a younger child.
as i pick out the most infantile thank-you notes, or cover letters to friends with no less than 72 sparkly kitten and unicorn stickers... my mom often says, "they're going to wonder how old you really are"
lol. i think she means that to be not-nice, but i take it as a great compliment.
small children, especially small girls, seem drawn to me. they play with the pink fuzzy dice i have tied to the strap of my bag, they comment on my pins, or my socks, or bracelets, or something.... and sometimes we get into a little conversation.
upon parting, i deeply wish to bestow this wish upon them :
STAY YOUNG.
... but, i fear that in the blissful youth that is then their reality, the statement will be lost on them.
*sigh*

Back