The dumbass factor.

Professur

Strip gag goes wrong

KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - A prosecutor who may have had a little too much to drink thought it would be funny to run naked across a parking lot and hop into a friend's car.

It was funny, until he jumped into the wrong car.

Albert Tasker, who works for the Monroe County State Attorney's Office, apparently got in the back seat of a car occupied by a woman waiting for her boyfriend.

The woman screamed and her boyfriend appeared. After the woman called 911, a Key West police officer found the naked Tasker in the middle of the parking lot.

Tasker, 28, was arrested Monday morning and faces charges of disorderly intoxication and indecent exposure, both misdemeanors.

He has been placed on administrative leave without pay and his office is conducting an internal review of the incident.

"It's terribly embarrassing for both him and for us, and we'll wait to see how the facts unfold," said J. Jefferson Overby, the chief assistant state attorney for Monroe County.

Source

Burglars summon police for help

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) - When two Danish burglars realized someone had stolen the keys to their getaway car, they reacted like honest citizens and called the police.

Police said they were only too happy to help, and arrested them after they confessed to breaking and entering.

The men, identified only as an 18-year-old and a 20-year-old, broke into a summer cabin late Wednesday near Kaldred, 90 kilometres west of capital Copenhagen.

As they carried their haul to the car, they were confronted by a passer-by who had witnessed the break-in and insisted that they return the stolen property.

To ensure they couldn't get away, the passer-by took the keys from their car and refused to return them.

"The two young men then called us and said they needed our help getting their keys back," Chief Supt. Asger Larsen said Thursday.

He said the two realized that without the keys, they would have to leave their car at the scene, which would put the police on their trail and lead to their arrest anyway.

"It's a pretty straightforward case for us, since this time, the thieves actually reported the robbery," Larsen said.

He declined to release the names of the suspects or the passer-by.

Source

Fake transit worker pleads guilty

NEW YORK (AP) - A man who has been arrested repeatedly for pretending to be a transit worker pleaded guilty Thursday to trying to steal a locomotive, prosecutors said.

In June, Darius McCollum, 39, went into a Long Island Rail Road yard, posed as a safety consultant and asked how to operate a new type of engine that had just been delivered, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said in a news release. McCollum later was found with stolen keys, including one used to operate the new locomotive, Brown said.

He pleaded guilty to third-degree attempted grand larceny and faces up to three years in prison when he is sentenced March 28. A telephone message left at the office of his lawyer was not immediately returned.

McCollum has been arrested 20 times for illegally posing as a subway motorman, bus driver or transit token-taker. When he was arrested in the June incident, he was on parole after serving prison time for his last arrest.

Source

Thomas Jefferson said:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal

Maybe they started off equal, Tommy, but you forgot to account for the dumbass factor.

Big Island police are looking for a man who fired shots at three state highway workers yesterday after they allegedly caught him trying to steal a backhoe from a base-yard facility.

the locomotive story reminded me of this recent local event.
stealing a backhoe? how fast can you get away driving a backhoe? :lloyd:

RadioShack occasionally does an overstock redistribution. It transfers stuff from stores that can't sell it to stores that can. You can imagine that race scanners sell better at stores in Talladega, Ala. than at stores in Fairbanks, Alaska. In any event, my store received two lists of stuff to send away, and the job fell to me to get the stuff rounded up, boxed and sent off. If it said to send eight football-shaped remote controls, I grabbed eight. I then checked items off the list as I put them in the box to make sure everything was there, and only after that did I print the UPS labels and do the ICST in the computer to bill the other store for them.

You'd think other stores would do the same for what they sent us. But, for example, on the second shipment we had come in, this one from one of the stores in Santa Barbara, my manager had to call the manager of that store and tell him, "hey, I'm going to have to bill you back for these three items you billed us for but didn't send... and what about these four items you sent us but didn't bill us for?"

Our store received no such calls... in other words, everything in the shipments I put together was on the billing sheets, and everything on the billing sheets was in the shipments. I thought that seemed simple enough.

In my career as a probation/parole officer, I have been privvy to some real doozy dumb criminal stories. This one might be my favorite. This is how it was presented(not word for word, but the gist is there) in court by the district attorney during sentencing for a man pleading to a variety of charges.

Our hero (OH for short) has no drivers license, having had them suspended for numerous DUI convictions. This little fact does not stop him from visiting a local bar for a beer or twelve one evening. While enjoying his suds, two uniformed police officers enter the tavern on a completely unrelated call. Mind you, this is a small town...OH is well known. Upon spying the officers, OH keeps a low profile until they leave. He waits about 15 minutes, and decides that he has pressing business at home that requires his full attention post haste. Not being wasteful, he takes his open beer and one for the road, exits the bar, and gets in his truck to leave.

This tavern is located on a main street of town, with a wide gravel lot that slopes downhill toward the bar. As OH enters his vehicle, he notices two parked police cars near the street in the lot, seemingly watching traffic and conversing one with another. Never one to abandon a good plan, OH starts his engine and prepares to pull out onto the street. He notices that his present line of travel has led him to a curb...he has missed the entryway, not uncommon due to the slope of the lot. He backs up...right into the parked police car. Realizing his faux pas, he attempts a high speed reversal, resulting in...you guessed it...a sudden impact with the other parked police car.

Needless to say, OH was quickly and without further incident apprehended, and transported to the county jail.

Upon hearing the summary of the evening's activities, the sentencing judge, a stern and gentile man, leaned forward and had this to say to OH in front of the semi-packed courtroom: "Son, don't you know that the first and primary rule of driving drunk is never, EVER, hit a cop? Three years, credit for time served, balance in the Department of Correction."

Two beers in a tavern: $6

Lawyer for court date: $1500

The laughter of your peers as you are ridiculed by the judge: Priceless!

the bars let someone take their beer and/or 'one for the road'? or he snuck 'em out?

Leslie said:
the bars let someone take their beer and/or 'one for the road'? or he snuck 'em out?
YOu can do that in just about any bar around here. Legally, no. But you can do it.

They'll beat the fuck out of you here for even tryin it.

The bar would be up for huge megafines, loss of LCBO licenses. You can't even take it outdoors during a smoke break.

Back