the file that won't delete part eleventy billion

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
gotta love saying the sitter can use the puter for geography homework :retard:

anyhoo...when I try to put it in the recycle bin I get the it's already in use thing...but I can't find in task manager anything which leads me to believe it's in use...

so I run cmd...and it can't find it...I think because of the filename? which of course I can't change cause it's in use... :tardbang:

what do I need to do to get rid of this thing?! :banghead:

Attachments

• wontdelete.jpg
    wontdelete.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 32

Also, look in Start Up and see if something is added.

I'm in as admin...nothing added in in start menu...nothing in add/remove programs...it's a website she's copied a bunch of pictures from and put into a folder and now i'm stuck with them.

i even went to Guest and made sure that was logged out, came back here, rebooted, still no go :tardbang:

Seems like I had kinda sorta the same problem once. Do you have a photo program in the system tray that creates 'albums' of your piccys. If so, close the program then try to delete it.

hmm...i don't...but i remember seeing something like that within the file... *going to look*

Wait, there's something about the desktop....active or something...I've never messed around with it

brightside...I get to play with my new "houston we have a problem" critical stop sound every time I try and take it to the recycle bin :lloyd:

That could be it, try turning off active desktop.

Have you tried the MS Knowledge Base?

We're better. Sooner or later you'll actually find the correct answer here.

I cant' find how to turn off Active Desktop in Xp :retard:

what's the rename command in dos again? ren?

if that's it it ain't workin :retard:

reverse this?

To add Web content to your desktop
Right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Properties.
On the Desktop tab, click Customize Desktop.
On the Web tab, click New, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
Notes

You must be connected to the Internet to add active Web content to your desktop.
To browse Microsoft's Desktop Gallery Web site, in the New Desktop Item Wizard, click Visit Gallery. The New Desktop Item Wizard opens when you click New on the Web tab.
To select a different Web site, type the Web site address, or click Browse to locate it.