The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (movies)

Sharky said:
This weekend's flicks at Sharky's house:

The Good:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Cool movie. Sad. But cool.

The Bad:
Walking Tall - Barf. Gag. Snore. At least it was free.

The Ugly:
Kingdom Hospital - I didn't see all of the first episode, I wandered outside (it was an incredibly beautiful morning yesterday). But what I saw was creeeepy . . . I can't wait to see more. Great Halloween stuff.

:cool:

Saw Walking Tall last weekend, I didn't mind it that much, but that's probably because I think the Rock is a hotty. We started watching Kingdom Hospital on TV, then missed a few episodes and got completely screwed up. I do want to watch the whole thing one of these days.

Having seen the original Walking Tall series, and knowing the true story behind these movies well, I flat out refuse to see this new travesty. "The Rock" can only wish to ever be half the man these movies are about.

Disgusting.

Uki Chick said:
Saw Walking Tall last weekend, I didn't mind it that much, but that's probably because I think the Rock is a hotty. We started watching Kingdom Hospital on TV, then missed a few episodes and got completely screwed up. I do want to watch the whole thing one of these days.

We finished watching the whole series, finally. It wanders a bit from the plot line but it all comes together in the final episode. Not bad, overall. :cool:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Having seen the original Walking Tall series, and knowing the true story behind these movies well, I flat out refuse to see this new travesty. "The Rock" can only wish to ever be half the man these movies are about.

Disgusting.

I found out after watching it that "The Rock" refused to be called "Buford Pusser" and had the character's name changed to "Chris Vaughn". Huh. :rolleyes:

ekahs retsam said:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - was good but sad and it requires your complete attention

Yup - as you work backwards through Joel's memories, you don't want to miss the tidbits of their relationship, a picture is painted and it all adds up in the end. :(

This weekend's flicks at Sharky's:

The Good:
Van Helsing - Perfect Halloween movie!

The Bad:
People I Know - Why, why, WHY give Al Pacino a part as a character with a Southern accent? Why, I ask you? Really - I want to know.

The Ugly:
The Shield (series) - This is one badass cop who has one toe over the line - the Thin Blue Line, that is. You can't help but like Det. Mackey, he is a man who takes shit from no one.

Back