The Google Collection

Hell, I'd almost consider buying that just because my bookshelf looks a little too barren. How sad is it that a lot of the room on the top shelf is being taken up by the head unit and speakers for my old car stereo?

Inkara1 said:
Hell, I'd almost consider buying that just because my bookshelf looks a little too barren. How sad is it that a lot of the room on the top shelf is being taken up by the head unit and speakers for my old car stereo?
What's wrong with that???? Actually, Inky, filling up your bookshelf is easy. go to a flea market and buy books that look interesting on the outside. I'm talking binding as well as titles. you can usually get 'em pretty cheap. Looks impressive and gives you something to read while your bored.

Gonz said:
What happened to never judge a book...oh never mind

He said he wanted to fill a bookshelf, not gather reading material. Personally I have a ten foot wall of ppaperbacks, but they ain't pretty. When I was a single guy I always put paperbacks in the bedroom (I read a lot in bed) and had a bookcase in the living room full of hardcovers with pretty bindings and titles like "The Female Orgasm." :lloyd: A lot of music theory and science too, but I bought most of them at flea markets and yard sales and since they were at least partly decor, the way they looked was a consideration.

I have a really cool bookcase and I hate knick-knacks with a passion bordering on holy.

Besides, it's fun to watch someones face when they pick up "The Necromancer" or "The Once and Future King."

Ooo... yeah, I'll have to try to pick up a few things like that. I'll put them next to the biology textbook from college that I'm stuck with (they decided to use another edition for the semester after I had it, so the bookstore wouldn't buy it back for even 1¢ at the end of the semester).

Back