The joys of Pet Ownership

PrincessLissa

Little Miss Lenore got into a cat fight over the long weekend so I had to take her to the vet for an emergency appointment to get rid of an abscess on her tummy and then a bad wound on her back. It cost me almost $200, but now my kitty is healthy and getting better. She is acting like her usual tard self.

I want to get some kind of insurance for her, but I am not sure that most of the pet insurance plans cover a lot of the things that outdoor kitties do. Plus when she moves into the apartment with us, she will only be outside on a harness and ground leash when we are outside.

At the clinic, the techs showed me a poor doggie that had a huge abscess on his forehead that was about the size of a fist before it popped and the owners said they hadn't noticed it. How do you not notice a second head growing of your dogs eyebrow? I was shocked.

Mine ate a bird once and had one on his throat. It was horrific looking :S

$200, I think that was a good value as far as vet service goes.

It was $50 for the visit, $50 for the abscess stuff, $50 for the ISO gas to sedate her and $30 for the medicine.

My vet is awesome. They are a bit pricey, but for the care my animals receive and the nice clean facility it's worth it. They are only slighty above average here. I think that Lenore's shots cost us about $150 too.

Ted Nugent said:
Well I don't know where they come from but they sure do come
I hope they comin' for me
And I don't know how they do it but they sure do it good
I hope they're doin' it for free

They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever

well the first time that I got it I was just ten years old
I got it from some kitty next door
I went to see the doctor and he gave me the cure
I think I got it some more

Cat scratch fever
I got it bad scratch fever
The cat scratch fever

It's nothin dangerous
I feel no pain
I've got the choo-choo train
You know you got it when you… you going insane
It makes a grown man cry cry …oh won't you make my bed

well I make the pussy purr with the stroke of my hand
They know they gettin' it from me
They know just where to go when they need their lovin man
They know I'm doin’ it for free

Cat scratch fever
They got it bad scratch fever
The cat scratch fever

It's been too long since I listened that close to the song. I already had to change "there" to "they're" and "gotta bad" to "got it bad" before I posted that.

In my recent Nuge run, I've tried grabbing several lyrics off the net, instead of typing them. People that can't listen shouldn't interpret.

Careful... do that well enough and she might involuntarily squeeze her legs together and the last thing you would see would be a purple haze.

Back