The man just won't quit

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Dan Rather, whose career at CBS News ground to an inglorious end 15 months ago over his role in an unsubstantiated report questioning President Bush’s Vietnam-era National Guard service, filed a lawsuit this afternoon against the network, its corporate parent and three of his former superiors.

The suit, which seeks $70 million in damages, names as defendants CBS and its chief executive, Leslie Moonves; Viacom and its executive chairman, Sumner Redstone; and Andrew Heyward, the former president of CBS News

Mr. Rather, 75, asserts that the network violated his contract by giving him insufficient airtime on “60 Minutes” after forcing him to step down as anchor of the “CBS Evening News” in March 2005. He also contends that the network committed fraud by commissioning a “biased” and incomplete investigation of the flawed Guard broadcast and, in the process, “seriously damaged his reputation.”

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Dan Rather also Executive News Producer?

NY Times

latest whiny bitch said:
He also contends that the network committed fraud by commissioning a “biased” and incomplete investigation of the flawed Guard broadcast and, in the process, “seriously damaged his reputation.”

CBS' news coverage, for which he was largely responsible, was/is biased and incomplete. Sucks when you're on the shit end of the stick, eh Danny boy?

My bleeding heart weeps for you pal. Honest to Gawd. I'm all to hell here.

Back