The Masters (golf)

unclehobart

This is the big week of golf for the year. The Masters tournament at Augusta National here in Georgia. This cold weather blast and 5 days of rain has pushed the start times back from dawn to 11am for this first round. It will probably be forced to a 5th day to compensate for the assured slow play.

Does anyone here follow golf or get into it at all? I let 80% of it slide by ... but I do try to watch at least the 4 majors. I bend over backwards to watch the Masters.

I need to load up on chips, dips, beer, and copious quantities of roasting dead animal flesh... for my butt will be glued to the tv for the next 4 days.

HomeLAN said:
So, I know what we're doing Sunday.
Damn straight... So if Karens mom shows up and starts demanding to watch the Braves... you better tell me now so I can be prepared to flee home.

Come to think of it... I also told Todd and Tracey that there was no way that I was going to come over since I couldn't watch it.

Mongo watch Masters... uninterrupted... period. Its the only lock out sports weekend for my entire year and I am going to milk it for all its worth.

``What an incredible story. This unknown comes out of nowhere to lead the pack at Augusta,'' says Carl (Bill Murray), doing his own play by play as he whacks flowers in front of the clubhouse with a sling blade. ``The crowd is standing on its feet here at Augusta. The normally reserved Augusta crowd is going wild for this young Cinderella. He's come out of nowhere. ... The crowd has gone deafly silent. Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become Masters champion.''

Grrr... 4pm-630pm tv coverage only on Thursday and Friday. That bites. They used to run it all day on ESPN and USA. Now I can't get my 10 hour fix.

I would go out and do some constructive yardwork, but its now raining for the 6th day in a row.

Round one cancelled outirght because of all day lockdown rain. Its the first postponement in .. oh... 60+ years. GAH!

Ill be watching.....
hootie is the greatest.
"even if i died right now the rules would not change"

now begone you petty winch, get off my course.:devil:

Tiger was sucking wind through the first two rounds and just missed the cut. Now hes having a -6 third round and finally in the negatives. Hes shot from the bottom of the pile to 4th place in a single day. The current leader (Weir) has ben slipping all day. Hes now at -4.

unclehobart said:
for my butt will be glued to the tv for the next 4 days.

Would it not be a better idea to glue your butt to the couch and perhaps your eyes to the tv? Hmmmmm?

*should I? Why not.* <smirk>

Unless you've got your head up your ass.

*Hmmm. Not quite as enjoyable as I'd hoped. Darn *

you know, unc, I'm not a follower of golf and know maybe only 2 or 3 people who actually golf...but this Master's thing must be a big thing. I'm oooonly noticing because, they have an update every so often on the radio station here in Hilo.

hmmm, interesting.

*goes on with my sheltered life*

In golf, every week of the year has some kind of tournament. Each one has its own draw, prize money, and points in relation to overall seaon long scoring. But, included in it all are 4 major tournaments that are the crown jewels of golfs entire year.

The Masters is played Augusta, Georgia and ends the second Sunday of every April. Being on the same course year in and year out is what gives this one the greatest sense of tradition.

The U.S. Open is played at various courses and ends on the third Sunday of every June. In 2002, it will be played at The Black Course, Bethpage State Park, New York.

The British Open is played at various course and ends on the third Sunday of every July. In 2002, it will be played at Muirfield near Edinburgh, Scotland.

The PGA Championship is played at various courses and ends on the third Sunday of every August. In 2002, it will be played at Hazeltine, Minnesota.

The Masters, U.S. Open and British Open are stroke-play tournaments, but the PGA Championship is a match-play tournament.

Back