the music in commercials...

greenfreak

...is not what it used to be. I don't know about you, but I have gone out looking for so many songs based on what I heard of them on commercials.

I got a song called "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake that was in a VW Cabriolet commercial (I love their commercials too, btw) and VW's website is very helpful in telling you who the artist is and even where you can download a sample...

Just about every song Mitsubishi has come out with in their commercials in recent history has been a big hit too. They have made some good choices lately, in my opinion.

I found a forum where people post their questions on songs in commercials here and didn't realize how popular commercial music is. Which ones do you like?

2 commercials made me go out and search for their music recently.

The VW Beetle advert has an absolutely beautiful tune called 'Strange and Beautiful' by a band called Aqualung. Pretty obscure but it's such a beautiful song. (I posted it in ku'us thread)

And the other one is the music to another car advert. The Lexus I think. It's called 'Open Heart Zoo' by a 19 yr old called Martin Grech. Even more obscure.

:D

going the opposite way Greenie wanted, what do you think of The Clash "London Burning" in the Jaguar commercial? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the entire punk scene doesn't it?

have it your way at burgerking.
hold the pickles hold the lettuce, special orders dont upset us

Back