The 'New Anti-Semitism'

HeXp£Øi±

A new wave of anti-Semitism is sweeping Europe. In Britain, Anglo-Jewry's dream world has been jolted twice over: once by the intifada, and then by September 11. The left-liberal media are scathing in their criticism of Israel. Spokesman for Britain's two million-strong Muslim community are virulent in their attacks on the Jewish state and on its supporters. London's chattering classes are reportedly making uninhibitedly anti-Semitic remarks at dinner parties.

Across the Channel, meanwhile, a wave of Jew-hatred seems to be inundating France, eliciting grave concern in the 600,000-strong Jewish community there. Synagogues have been fire-bombed, schools have been attacked and individuals have been cursed and harassed on the street.

More:
http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=119115&contrassID=3&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0

ris

the highest rabbi's in the uk have crticised israel. i do not see that opposition to the actions of the state of israel is the same as being anti-semitic. there is some rightful concern that such criticism makes some believe that more extreme views are justified and given tacit approval. it is not.

i am sorry for those that cannot differentiate it though, they need to be educated and and any anti-semitic remarks seen as the racism it is. they have the right to that opinion if they wish but any actions are to be abhored and the full wieght of the law used in response. i cannot speak for france but i would hope that the perpetrators are caught and punished accordingly.

incidentally, you ommitted the part of the website with anti-semitic attacks in north america.

HeXp£Øi±

I pasted all the text on the page. I'm not sure what you're referring to but please feel free to post it if you wish. I hate racism in all forms and wouldn't let it stand in my house much less my country.

ris

i too hate racism but have yet to come across any anti-semitism personally in the uk. when i do my position will be quite clear though.

Ardsgaine

ris said:
i do not see that opposition to the actions of the state of israel is the same as being anti-semitic.

I think it has something to do with condemning Israel for the targeted killing of terrorist bomb makers while glorifying the civilian-massacring terrorists as freedom fighters. The Arabs have been trying to wipe Israel off the face of the earth for over fifty years. Anyone who condemns Israel for fighting back is a spiritual accomplice to attempted genocide.

Ardsgaine

AlladinSane said:
What about the condemnation for the Muslims for fighting back?

Fighting back? By blowing up pizza parlors?

You're joking, right?

What is it exactly that they're fighting for, anyway? To make the world safe for theocracy?

HeXp£Øi±

I was wondering if that's what he meant. I have little sympathy for anyone sending out their children to murder innocent civilians.

unclehobart

I coulda sworn that there was a UN resolution in the late 70s that made it impossible to be racist against the jews.

AlladinSane

Ardsgaine said:
AlladinSane said:
What about the condemnation for the Muslims for fighting back?

Fighting back? By blowing up pizza parlors?

You're joking, right?

What is it exactly that they're fighting for, anyway? To make the world safe for theocracy?
No for picking arms and fighting to have their homeland back. Or at least part of it. You know if you do that in Israel you're considered a terrorist, no? No need for blowing up pizza parlors... And I'm talking about palestinians of course...

HeXp£Øi±

First of all they never owned the land in the first place. Second, that's never the route they take. The only time they use guns is to kill civilians. Even i could have respect for them if they were fighting for land in such a way, but they never do. They use terrorist tactics against civilians so they are labeled as terrorist. Non-terrorists are not labeled terrorist. That is false. Militants do exist but are few and far between.

AlladinSane

Well Israel's army kills civilians also, but it's not considered terrorists. What's the difference? Minority or not they are trated equally. As for owning the land, how do you 'own' a land? Taking it by force? They live there for more than a century... That's enough for me...

HeXp£Øi±

Israel doesn't target civilians. Though it has killed civilians on accident while targeting leaders of terrorist organization. Thit is a far cry from targeting civilians which is what terrorist organizations do. Even the US kills civilians in afganistan. Will you condemn the USA for it's war on al-quida also? Because it's the [y]exact[/u] same thing! Yes the Palestinians are suffering, but that doesn't give them the right to terrorize. If they were peaceful the israelis would have given them everything they wanted. Think about it. Israelis are not a hate mongering people. They are a peaceful people seeking peace.

ris

the israeli army uses human shields in its operations, actions that have been condemned rightly by human rights organisations world-wide and within israel itself. the collatoral damage of war is a painful reality, but the use of unarmed combatants by the armed forces is abhorent.

Jeslek

Banned
ris said:
the israeli army uses human shields in its operations, actions that have been condemned rightly by human rights organisations world-wide and within israel itself. the collatoral damage of war is a painful reality, but the use of unarmed combatants by the armed forces is abhorent.
So does Saddam, if everyone is doing it, why can't Israel? :shrug: And human rights organizations are not really that important either... they are in general anti-deathpenalty too, which in my book is a bad thing.

HeXp£Øi±

That's total bullshit ris. Show me proof and i'll show you an isolated incident. Terrorism on the other hand is commonplace. Murder of women and children is commonplace. Ridiculous! Do you have any small children? How would you feel if they were blown to pieces? Sometimes people just stagger me. Taking rare exception to make the overwhelmingly obvious seem justified. There can be no comparison between the Irsrali army and Terrorism. Regardless of a few isolated incidents.

ris

use of human shields was policy until recently when human rights activists in israel took the government to court and they acquiesed. now the slightly revised policy is known as the 'neighbourhood' system. people are asked to do the army's work for them, although there have been some complaints that nothing has changed and they are still being forced into it. i'll give the benefit of the doubt until i see any proof myself.

HeXp£Øi±

It's great to know that the Israelis are finally living up the morality of the Palestinians huh?
story.baby.bomb.jpg

Palestinian baby in explosive vest