The NFL draft; Tim Ruskell is an IDIOT!!!

Well being a bit of a football fan I have the draft on in the background while I was cooking and doing some other things around the house. A lot of people speculated that my home team, the Seahawks would take Mark Sanchez. I mean Matt Hasselbeck is a great QB when he his healthy, but he is 34 and he is no Brett Favre. Just about every year he misses games due to injury and I am sure the situation is not going to improve. That is why we were 4-11 last year. Seneca Wallace, could be a decent backup with the right coaching, but he would be so much better at wide receiver. We just don't have the team to win with him at QB and there's the height issue. Nobody has confidence in a QB under 6'2". I think it's pretty dumb, I mean look at guys like Flutie. That guy could have been a perennial pro bowler had anyone stuck with him and had confidence enough to give him a chance.

Alternatively, we have need for wide receivers. Michael Crabtree could have been a good pick.

So anyway, one position we really did not need help at is linebacker, so what does this moron do? He drafts Aaron Curry, because it is considered a "safe" pick. So now we have a hell of a linebacking corps, but desperate need in the secondary, and defensive tackle. We have a quarterback who has great talent, but is one good hit away from retirement, and I can just about guarantee will sit a few, if not several games next year due to some kind of injury. Man this just burns me up! Look for us to finish somewhere around 5-11 to optimistically 7-9 next year. Oh yeah, and SF has Crabtree who has already scored on our secondary! Perhaps we can pick up some diamonds in the rough in later rounds, but judging from the way that idiot picks, I will not be holding my breath!

Oh well there is always next year.... (Damn I get tired of saying that!)

:banghead:

At least the Mariners are quite the pleasant surprise! I am so glad Griffey is back home where he belongs!

Inkara1

When it comes to the M's, I expect "regression to the mean" to bite them in the ass very hard as the summer wears on. Wakamatsu has done a very good job with DHing Griffey and keeping ass off of the field where it doesn't belong. But Washburn won't be as good a pitcher as he's been all year long, Silva needs to quit hitting up the all-you-can-eat taco specials (and can only seem to get a win when facing a crappy-ass pitcher the Angels only brought up from the minors because they have three or four pitchers on the DL and one dead) and there's a whole lot of nothing else behind Felix and Bedard.

You might be interested in this article about Seattle's biggest sports fan.