The obsession...

*sigh* I hate the National Enquirer.

Dude. Thats a proper news story. 900 miles wearing a diaper is strange, but 900 miles wearing a diaper just to confront someone in a killing rage is newsworthy...:grinyes:

They were never in space together, Gato. Lurid and untrue headlines to grab public attention (as if the actual story wouldn't have) is strictly National Enquirer journalism regardless of who does it. "Lust in Space." :rolleyes:

Your right though, it is a legitimate news story, too bad it couldn't be treated like one. The woman had clearly been becoming more and more unhinged over time. One wonders why no one did anything before it came to this. Denial, I suppose.

They were never in space together, Gato. Lurid and untrue headlines to grab public attention (as if the actual story wouldn't have) is strictly National Enquirer journalism regardless of who does it. "Lust in Space." :rolleyes:

If there had been an actual murder, then you'd have a point. Considering the subject of the title, and the fact that she, and the others involved, all trained together...:shrug: Besides. I posted that because there ain't that many places out there enough for the humor factor...

chcr said:
Your right though, it is a legitimate news story, too bad it couldn't be treated like one. The woman had clearly been becoming more and more unhinged over time. One wonders why no one did anything before it came to this. Denial, I suppose.

SO is News of the Weird. As for her becoming unhinged over time, no one did anything because they probably didn't notice.

pepper spray, a BB-gun, a new steel mallet, knife and rubber tubing.

This constitutes am attempted muder charge? What, is she McGyver?

Something just seems amiss with this.
Are they going to check her for anything, like brain tumors?

If there had been an actual murder, then you'd have a point. Considering the subject of the title, and the fact that she, and the others involved, all trained together...:shrug: Besides. I posted that because there ain't that many places out there enough for the humor factor...

You're probably right. Shit like that just annoys me when anyone does it (and everyone does, not just Fox). If you're trying to be a legitimate news outlet, then IMO you should act like it. :shrug: Arbitrary of me I suppose, but there it is.

Of course, I personally have a little trouble taking a news outlet seriously when they employ Geraldo... ;)

Edit: Or if they're owned by Rupert Murdoch.

You're probably right. Shit like that just annoys me when anyone does it (and everyone does, not just Fox). If you're trying to be a legitimate news outlet, then IMO you should act like it. :shrug: Arbitrary of me I suppose, but there it is.

Then I guess you'd have to stick with the heavily biased BBC news. [/url]

chcr said:
Of course, I personally have a little trouble taking a news outlet seriously when they employ Geraldo... ;)

But he's never on the air when I'm watching...I also like to quote from MSNBC, but the title just got a little chuckle is all...

chcr said:
Edit: Or if they're owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Yeeshbah. You don't get very much news then.

Yeeshbah. You don't get very much news then.

Oh, I get plenty. I just don't readily accept most of it. BBC is interesting because the spin they put on it is completely different from anything here. Some times it's like it's not even the same story.

Back