The oldsters pickup some fresh meat

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Warren Sapp is a Raider

Sapp agreed to a seven-year, $36.6 million contract with the Raiders.

``The big bad silver and black and Warren Sapp coming together -- that's got to be a match made in heaven,'' Sapp said Monday in his first visit to the Raiders' training complex in Alameda.

In addition to replacing coach Bill Callahan with Norv Turner, the Raiders have been busy in free agency, signing defensive tackle Ted Washington, linebackers Danny Clark and Dwayne Rudd and offensive lineman Ron Stone. Many of the Raiders' stars also are expected to return next season: Rich Gannon, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Rod Woodson, among others.

``You don't get that every day,'' Sapp said. ``You don't get to play with icons of the game, with Hall of Famers. I've got a great opportunity out here, and I'm going to try to seize it.''

I'll tell you the same thing I told my son. It's unlikely to make a significant difference.

I have a feeling that the Raiders season rests upon Gannon's arm. He's an old favorite of mine (former Viking).

rrfield

*guesses i don't have to like the bucc's anymore....YAY for warren and the raiders....this is at least a start towards what they need.

chcr said:
I'll tell you the same thing I told my son. It's unlikely to make a significant difference.

Not one, but two or three can help a lot

Back