The one thing you learned in 2004

PrincessLissa

What is an important lesson that you learned in 2004? I learned many, but the most important one I learned, (I think maybe in all my years) is that you have to tell the people you love how much they mean to you and that you love them. And I don't mean on just holidays and anniversaries. You never know when it will be your last chance to say something.

the other shoe does not always have to fall and spending your time waiting for it to is no fun. enjoy the blessings in your life while they are there.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Trust no one.
Two kinds of paranoia, rampant and insufficient. :D

What I learned (or was at least reminded of again): All is not lost.

I learned that Ami from Survivor had posed for Playboy back in '96.

I learned not to be so free with your heart; to be careful about who you dare to trust and love as others too easily take your love for granted, too easily take advantage - doing so you only leave yourself too vulnerable, the one in the end thats left shattered, alone and broken...

I learned that you can have too much of a good thing, to take pleasure in life's little joys (rather than wait around for the big ones), and that I am not indestructible.

Okay, that was three things.

Edited for grammatical atrocity

abooja said:
...to take pleasure in life's little joys (rather than wait around for the big ones

This is SO SO SO true! If you wait for something big you will miss all the little things that are prolly better when added together than the big thing.

I learned a lot of useful crap in 2004 .. but the thread says the 'one' thing .. so .. let's see ...

I've learned I'm a stronger person than I ever thought I was - physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually.

It's not the size of the boat...and it ain't the motion of the ocean. It's the size of the canal the boat's got to go through. :lol:

Gato_Solo said:
It's not the size of the boat...and it ain't the motion of the ocean. It's the size of the canal the boat's got to go through. :lol:
but you can't get to china in a rowboat either.

tonksy said:
but you can't get to china in a rowboat either.

I'll put it this way. You wouldn't take an aircraft carrier through the Erie canal any more than you'd want to take a rowboat through the Panama canal. ;)

Back