The ongoing foot saga continues

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Riley had the gouge in the top of his foot. It was just beginning to close over and heal nicely and then... *cue scary music* they went to their father's.

He came back (Monday) with a flaming fever, and his foot swelled to enormous proportions. Up to the clinic we go.

He's on antibiotics now for a couple weeks to start, maybe longer. He's not hungry, not feeling well at all. We have to go get reassessed today to see if he needs something more agressive than just pills.

We've soaked it in sea salt here and there. Anything else (better) anyone knows of that will not hurt and will have a benefit?

Sea salt hasn't seemed to hurt as yet. Haven't tried table salt cause that'd be meaaaaaaaan.

I would think that the foot should be kept elevated above the heart to let it deswell a tad. I don't know if an epsom salt bandage will do much good.

Try vetzul (it is a purple stuff), don't know if it is for sale over there, ask a veterinarian, it hurts like hell, but it is quite effective.

In case you don't find it here's the formula:
Disnaturalized alcohol
Violet metil
Tanic Acid
Fenol
Propilenglicol

(Leslie says... a Veterinarian?!!! :eek: )

ok, that WILL not happen ever again.

so I know what the stuff is, and it would hurt to much, infection is stopped and slowly receding, still looks gross, but healing.

paul_valaru said:
(Leslie says... a Veterinarian?!!! :eek: )

That's what everybody says, but for all I know, the most effective stuff against infections is made for animals because they would lick/get dirty/have insects on their wounds.

All you need is to get a little pain and:
1) you'll heal
2) you'll understand more what your pets go through when they get a wound

:D

I don't know about all that but I'd start by keeping him away from the idiot. How can it go from fine to flaring in 48hours without help?

Yeah, I dunno what to do about that. I dunno what the line is where I can stand up and refuse to allow them to visit there and get away with it.

Perhaps some point before death or amputation? Did the old man have a plausible explanation for the sudden condition change?

Back