The pain, the pain.

Kawaii

My sound just stopped working. I have an integrated sound card on the motherboard MS9147C by Matsonic. I have tried reinstalling the drivers(3 times in fact), checked all the preferences and settings... And a lot of other stuff i don't remember right now. Help. I'm in pain. :crying4:
I can't live without music.

driver didn't work. I used WinPatrol + manual deletion + registry searching to get rid of the worm.

News flash! The only sound working is from WinAmp. Even when i've shut down WinAmp and rebooted my computer. Wierd.

Something (maybe winamp) is grabbing the sound card at start up and not letting go. Look in your start up folder and in your services and see if you can figure out what it is. Did you check the event log?

I checked all the startup thingies(including HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run in the registry) and the only processes running are the usual ones... The av is updated, and there's nothing dubious in the event log.

That's the single thing I hate most about windows, is the number of things a virus can get up to without even leaving the operating system. At least with most other systems, you can actually read the configuration files. If Winamp works (non windows app) and windows sound doesn't, that means the drivers and hardware are fine. It's the windows sound files that are bust. I don't know how integrated XP's are, but downloading the latest WMP might help.

I reinstalled WMP and did a housecall. I now get sound in WMP, but all other windows-based apps are still mute. At least a start.

I've a problem with a customer's windows image like that. Something in the windows multimedia subsystem is honked. Format and rebuild the image is the only option I've found.

Turn it off in the BIOS and slap an el-cheapo $10 sound card in a open PCI slot.

I hate onboard sound. Man do I hate those things.

Kawaii said:
My sound just stopped working. I have an integrated sound card on the motherboard MS9147C by Matsonic. I have tried reinstalling the drivers(3 times in fact), checked all the preferences and settings... And a lot of other stuff i don't remember right now. Help. I'm in pain. :crying4:
I can't live without music.
Try turning on the radio? :lloyd:

Back