The story begins..(WARNING!! --Religious Babble)

HeXp£Øi±

2 Chronicles 6:6

"But I have chosen Jerusalem, that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people Israel."

Exodus 6:6-7

"Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and ... I will take you to me for a people ... and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God ..."

2 Chronicles 33:7

"....God had said to David and to Solomon his son, In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen before all the tribes of Israel, will I put my name for ever"

God a has chosen the Jewish people not because they were special, but because he loved their father Abraham and promised that his descendants would be blessed.

God is unhappy with Israel

Nehemiah 1:8

"Remember, I beseech thee, the word that thou commandedst thy servant Moses, saying, If ye transgress, I will scatter you abroad among the nations"

Deuteronomy 4:27

"And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you."

1 Kings 9:7

"Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people"

Jeremiah 29:18

"And I will persecute them with the sword, with the famine, and with the pestilence, and will deliver them to be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, and an astonishment, and an hissing, and a reproach, among all the nations whither I have driven them"

Israel was Destroyed by rome in 70AD and the Jews were scattered among all nations. They have indeed been the most hated of all peoples.
The Jews found no peace for two thousand years being spat upon and persecuted in not only Germany but Russia and many other nations.

God promised to restore Israel

Jeremiah 30:3

"For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it."

Isaiah 43:5,6

"Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;"

Ezekiel 28:25-26

"Thus saith the Lord GOD; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob. And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the LORD their God."

Israel was restored as a nation in 1948 after 1900 years in exile. Since then millions of Jews have flocked to the nation of Israel from all parts of the earth.

Zechariah 12:2-3

"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."

Zechariah 12:9

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. "

Isaiah 31:5

"As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it."

Back