The tables have turned

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I was pretty spoiled growing up...not as in I was a brat but I had lots of things, almost everything I wanted. Now the tables have turned, me mum is now spoiled. This morning I brought her in cappucino from Timmy's...even wore certain shoes so when I got here I would be allowed in the plant to look for her and give her her cappucino (no sandels/open shoes in the plant) and just now on lunch the icecream truck came into the parking lot and she expressed a desire for softserve. By the time i got outside after having the Me:"You want one?" Her:"do you have money?" Me:"i asked if you wanted one, yes i have money" discussion with her...it was starting to drive away so I chased down the icecream truck to get her a softserve...spoiled I says :brush:

good daughter! mom's should be spoiled every once in awhile!

umm ... can i have ice cream too?

tonksy said:
i want an ice cream cone too...:ashamed:

oh no no no that is the last thing you need after having an upset tummy yesterday...no dairy for you I'm afraid.

tonksy said:

I feel so motherly...uh oh...I'm 20 and a half and maternal instincts are kicking in...*reminds herself no babies til she finishes school and is married*

*blinks*

Y'know that teeny tiny writing is very hard to read :D

*heads off for a cold shower*

*and maybe some icecubes*

Nixy said:
By the time i got outside after having the Me:"You want one?" Her:"do you have money?" Me:"i asked if you wanted one, yes i have money" discussion with her...
I just hate it when they do that, lately I've been taking the I don't have time for this attitude:

Me: You want one?
Her: But I don't want you to spend.
Me: ok, I'll take that as a no.

Has worked well so far, I get more straightforwards yes. :D :D

Luis G said:
I just hate it when they do that, lately I've been taking the I don't have time for this attitude:

Me: You want one?
Her: But I don't want you to spend.
Me: ok, I'll take that as a no.

Has worked well so far, I get more straightforwards yes. :D :D
i am famous for such a statement so let's think about it...of course you want whatever it is but you don't want to inconvenience the other person by having them dish out their hard earned (or hardly earned) money for said item. so it is not a question of do you want the item as much as it is do you want me to spend my money on this item. :shrug:

No, no, my mom never expressed a un-desire for me to spend my money...she just felt the need to confirm that #1-had money and #2-had it with me right there...I mean, I wouldn't offer if I didn't have the cash....DUH

My mom used to say it that way, then there was a time when I undoubtely had the money, so it changed to i don't want you to spend on it.

tonksy, I know what you mean, but still, isn't it silly to question wether someone is willing to invite you something or not if they are already offering to do so?, other times people just ask it to feel more comfortable with the situation, but the reasoning behind that are just way beyond my understanding.

Luis G said:
tonksy, I know what you mean, but still, isn't it silly to question wether someone is willing to invite you something or not if they are already offering to do so?
yeah probably...but i suppose some people aren't used to people buying them things. :eh:

Back