The warmest January on record

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
then yesterday is was 59.

Saturday
Much colder. Partly cloudy. Highs around 16. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear in the evening then becoming partly cloudy. Lows around 5. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Lowest wind chill readings 6 below to 11 below zero after midnight.

Somebody is trying to get their job back. I say we fight these perverts & keep them unemployed. Damned winter.

It was way subfreezing here 3 days ago... today.. shorts and a Hawaiian tee. Friggin wild.

The weeds are starting to come up and the cherries are starting to bloom. They know better than us... spring has sprung a wee bit early.

It was 71 here yesterday. I don't think it's gotten to 40 today and we're looking at snow tonight and a high of 28 tomorrow. *shivers*

I have absolutely no plans to stick my nose outside the house for the next 2 days. Have plenty of liquid refreshment, good food(homemade chicken and dumplings and a good thick beef stew), and a stack of firewood to keep the den toasty.

unclehobart said:
It was way subfreezing here 3 days ago... today.. shorts and a Hawaiian tee. Friggin wild.

The weeds are starting to come up and the cherries are starting to bloom. They know better than us... spring has sprung a wee bit early.

Decent shot at snow this weekend, too.

You should bunk up with a southern pal for a few weeks to get past the shortest and coldest days of the year... and then reciporicate with letting some non-nnuckistans appreciate a 19 hour summer day.

TexasRaceLady said:
now it is struggling to hit 50. Oops, back to 49.
TexasRaceLady said:
and a stack of firewood to keep the den toasty.
that was the temps here the past couple of days. everyone is walking in to work with forlorn expressions saying "its too damn nice to be in here today."

It rained today, then it stopped raining and the sun came out just before the playoff soccer game I had to cover today, making for perfect soccer weather: bright and sunny with a soaked, muddy field.

Back