The Whale Rider

kuulani

Here I am, at work, thinking I would be sly by bringing in the current book that I'm reading and finishing it here at work.

I'm reading The Whale Rider by Witi Ihimaera, from New Zealand. This novel was made into a movie and recently won an award at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival.

Anywho, I thought I'd be sly and read it here at work, pretending I was researching some info on something or other ... the problem? Well, nobody told me I'd start bawling at the end of the book. So here I am, tears streaming down my face, which is probably all puffy. :crying4:

:D

kuulani said:
Here I am, at work, thinking I would be sly by bringing in the current book that I'm reading and finishing it here at work.

I'm reading The Whale Rider by Witi Ihimaera, from New Zealand. This novel was made into a movie and recently won an award at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival.

Anywho, I thought I'd be sly and read it here at work, pretending I was researching some info on something or other ... the problem? Well, nobody told me I'd start bawling at the end of the book. So here I am, tears streaming down my face, which is probably all puffy. :crying4:

:D

it's a good read? I enjoyed the film

I didn't see the film yet, I wanted to read the book first. The book was very good. The people I've spoken to said the book and the film are different.

Back