The World's Fastest Indian

Sharky

IMDB said:
The life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.

This is one of the best movies I have ever had the pleasure of watching. One of my guests brought it to Sunday Afternoon at Sharky's last Sunday and everybody was cheering, laughing, or misty-eyed at one point or another. What an outstanding story of determination and how to live by the Golden Rule.

Twenty thumbs up! :cool:

This is one of the best movies I have ever had the pleasure of watching. One of my guests brought it to Sunday Afternoon at Sharky's last Sunday and everybody was cheering, laughing, or misty-eyed at one point or another. What an outstanding story of determination and how to live by the Golden Rule.

Twenty thumbs up! :cool:

I watch every movie about motorcycles I ever see. This was one of the best.
:thumbup:

I watch every movie about motorcycles I ever see. This was one of the best.
:thumbup:

Yup. It's not only a great movie about speed, but there is also a lot to learn from the way Munro treats everyone he meets with respect and instant friendship. :cool:

Mostly good reviews at Rotten Tomatoes so I added it to my Netflix queue. Sounds like it may be a little long and slow from what some of the bad reviews said.

"The film is so languid that at times you may find yourself wishing that Hopkins would eat someone's liver."

"The World's Fastest Indian takes off at full-out maudlin and never bothers to throttle down."

"Unfortunately, this two-hour-plus journey feels like it's aboard a genial camel."

I'll check it out though.

It's a leeeetle bit slow in places, and it's definitely a tad sappy, but not so much that it ruins the movie. :eh:

If it has anything to do with, or at least showns Indian Motorcycles, it's good flick.

It's an awesome movie!! Glad you got a chance to watch it, Sharky. :)

I'm glad my guest brought the movie - it had never appeared on my radar before. It's hard to figure out why it's so obscure, considering it starred Anthony Hopkins. :shrug:

You Kiwis should be very proud of Burt Munro. Seems as though he was quite a character. :cool:

Back