Theories

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So I came up with a new theory today...first some background.

Background: Toronto drivers are, in general, assholes. They don't let you in, they block intersections even though the next light is red and the cars ahead of them aren't going anywhere anytime soon and thus prevent the traffic going the other direction from getting through when the light they're at changes, they weave in and out, cut people off...they're assholes (in general).

Theory: If I can let one or two people in (usually trying to make a right hand turn off of a small street without lights on the busy road I'm on) a day and NOT drive in to the intersection if the cars on the other side are backed right up even though my light is green and thus prevent the people behind me from getting into the intersection and thus allowing the people going perpendicular to get to where they're going when my light turns red and theirs turns green, and if I can hold off the gas a bit when someone in the other lane is trying to merge over in bumper to bumper traffic so that they can get in front of me...maybe they'll decide to do a nice traffic deed for someone else today or tomorrow or later in the week...and maybe in turn some of those people will decide to do nice traffic deeds. It's worth a try and if nothing else sometimes people give you an appreciative wave or nod and it feels nice to be nice. I let a guy in a truck turn right onto the street I was on today and he waved in thanks and I waved back and it was nice. :)

Over here they implemented a one-and-one program. It should be like that according to the manual anyway, but nobody did it. Now everybody is corteous.

Luis G said:
Over here they implemented a one-and-one program. It should be like that according to the manual anyway, but nobody did it. Now everybody is corteous.

Maybe I can change the driving pattern in Toronto!!

I'm not holding my breath over it or anything though...

They'll still be assholes.

Is it flat-out illegal to block an intersection there like it is here? It's outlawed because it could prevent emergency vehicles from getting through.

Sometimes there are signs saying not to block the interestion...sometimes not...when there's a sign less people do it.

dont ever drive around this way. the idiots around here will blow your mind.

If I can let one or two people in (usually trying to make a right hand turn off of a small street without lights on the busy road I'm on) a day and NOT drive in to the intersection if the cars on the other side are backed right up even though my light is green and thus prevent the people behind me from getting into the intersection and thus allowing the people going perpendicular to get to where they're going when my light turns red and theirs turns green, and if I can hold off the gas a bit when someone in the other lane is trying to merge over in bumper to bumper traffic so that they can get in front of me...maybe they'll decide to do a nice traffic deed for someone else today or tomorrow or later in the week...and maybe in turn some of those people will decide to do nice traffic deeds.

That may be the longest single sentence in the recorded history of the English language.

Back