There goes the neighborhood

Seems a little quick to be buying another company so soon after the one merger was completed.

BTW the "new AT&T" logo is ugly.

I hate to be a sourpuss, but...

Cingular was always a joint venture of SBC and BellSouth. Don't expect your reception to improve.

Also...if the results of mergers around here are any indication...

Roger bought Fido (before the merger Rogers = good reception, Fido = Pretty shitty reception at times)...after the merger no Fido customers I know noticed much of a difference...Rogers customers however would randomly end up on a Fido network (since they were now interlinked but at this point the networks still had their original names and it would show up on the phone) and their reception would be SHIT. The only good thing was that rogers got better plans (because they adapted Fido's plans which were better than theirs).

HomeLAN said:
Wonder how much they'll hike DSL rates by? Might be time to shop providers.

Unfortunately, my only other choice is Mediacom cable internet.....and they are the reason I switched to Bellsouth.

It looks like the decade of the mergers has met some competition. Look for all your favorites to change hands in the near future.

lcl060226.gif

HomeLAN said:
Wonder how much they'll hike DSL rates by? Might be time to shop providers.
I was just thinking the same thing. I was about to get serious about moving from cable to dsl.
Now I guess I'll wait some more to see how it goes.
No wonder Charter cable isn't cutting any slack in the pricing right now. :alienhuh:

Back