They were doing okay...

You'd have to be extremely paranoid to see either article as attempting to make you a vegan.

The techniques they offer, outside of marinating, all ruin the best grill techniques. One might as well be boiling the steaks. It would probably be about as flavorful. The pic overlay of the video right in the middle of the article shows a plate of burgers with wonderful and delicious grill lines. That is the hallmark of a burger flipped once. A burger that is flipped over and over bleeds out, never sears, and never lets you close the grill lid for that intense assault of heat.

Avoid overcooking foods. The longer you grill your meat, the more the carcinogens develop. Undercooking meat can be dangerous, too. To avoid the risk of harmful bacteria such as E. coli, be sure to grill meats to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.

So I need to cook my meat to 160 internally... thats a hair done than medium... but god help me if I overcook it. What the hell do you want me to do? A proper grilling will fail on both regards.

I like reading about grilling fruits and vegetables while I chew on an almost raw hunk of barely dead meat, with the blood all gooshing out between your teeth. It enhances the experience fourfold.

anything cooked to 160+ better be a bird, or else it's fucked.

meh, sear the shit out of the outside for the yummy fatty parts, and hit maybe 132 on the inside and she's good.

avoid e coli by not rubbing steaks on an unclean butthole (you're right catocom, buttholes aren't for meat), and not buying shit grade beef at (insert name of loathed retailer).

Back