things are coming along nicely

Dave

we got the sunroom roof fixed a couple of weeks ago. settled the insurance claim and have the check in hand. a contractor is starting monday to repair the interior damage. we had a new septic system put in back in October and the landscapers are here today doing the final work on the lawn so it can be seeded.
there has probably been more activity in this neighborhood in the past month as far as deliveries and contractors trucks go than has been seen in years. it should give the neighbors something to talk about till we can invite them over for a BBQ in another month or so.

i dont know if BBQ is a misnomer or not, but i dont think its much different than anyplace else. lot of beer. lot of charred meat. lot of catching up.
if one of the invitees are known for a particular dish or dessert, they usually bring that over. our BBQ are a bit different from the neighbors in that we usually roast an entire pig if both sides are coming over. in fact,
the menu can be vast with both sides here. typical american fare of hamburgs/hot dogs/chicken along with Philipino dishes of squid, couple different types of fish and other stuff i eat but dont exactly know what is in it. along with the pig.
my family has learned to not eat at all that day before coming over.

Dave said:
typical american fare of hamburgs/hot dogs/chicken along with Philipino dishes of squid, couple different types of fish and other stuff i eat but dont exactly know what is in it. along with the pig.
my family has learned to not eat at all that day before coming over.

Adobo and lumpia...:grinyes:

yeah. thats two of them. along with pansit and that rice/brown sugar dessert (cant think of the name of it)
good stuff

Dave said:
yeah. thats two of them. along with pansit and that rice/brown sugar dessert (cant think of the name of it)
good stuff

Don't forget the Halo-Halo. ;)

Those just eat it's are the best....unless it's black with pigs feet and smells like licorice...then it's Baaaaaaaad.

Dave? :dance:

had an ice dam on the gutters. rain backed up under the roof shingles and over the flashing.

i dont eat feet. period. i dont care how good they say it is.

bummer dude, hope the repairs go well. I've been slowly doing some remodeling on my home over the past 4 years....it's hard to find people that do good work.

we're lucky. we found a couple of people that do general stuff. they do good work and they dont cost an arm and a leg. one of them does it as a business, the other does stuff on the side.

I've never been able to convince Gato that barbecue does not require five gallons of sauce in order to be called "barbecue."

Inkara1 said:
I've never been able to convince Gato that barbecue does not require five gallons of sauce in order to be called "barbecue."

Who said anything about 5 gallons? Besides...you put your sauce on when the meat is almost done, lest you wind up with burnt sauce and raw meat. Dry rubs are for people who don't know how to use their grills properly. :p

Back