things to use vodka for!!

BlurOfSerenity

i read this in someone's LiveJournal!
thought i'd share ^_^

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreezable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes..

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter. Mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don't swallow.

12. Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.

13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.

14. To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.

15. To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that is causing pain in your ear.

16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and >back as a liniment.

17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

19. To remove cigarette smoke in your home or office mix one part vodka and three parts water and spray the clothing, then launder and let dry.

20. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

21. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well damn, with all those reasons, I better get a bottle for my desk here at work, a bottle for the car, a bottle for the workshop, and a little bottle I can carry around with me....

Oz

ash r said:
thought i'd share ^_^

1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreezable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes..

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter. Mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don't swallow.

12. Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.

13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.

14. To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.

15. To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that is causing pain in your ear.

16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and >back as a liniment.

17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

19. To remove cigarette smoke in your home or office mix one part vodka and three parts water and spray the clothing, then launder and let dry.

20. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

21. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

What a waste! :crying4:

Oz

kuulani said:
sounds better than peeing on oneself! *piss3*

Dunno.......if something slimy in the ocean grabbed me leg and stung me I reckon I'd pee on meself wether I wanted to or not :D

chcr

Too cute for words
Oz said:
Dunno.......if something slimy in the ocean grabbed me leg and stung me I reckon I'd pee on meself wether I wanted to or not :D

That's what I thought too. :lol:

Gotnolegs

ash r said:
thought i'd share ^_^

Assuming you've got a wound of some sort under that bandage pouring neat vodka on it certainly isn't going to be painless...

Camelyn

Another constructive use for vodka is to get rid of all that extra jello one tends to have lying about :D

Jello Shots

Prepare jello as per package instructions, substituting one cup of vodka for the one cup of cold water. If you want the shots to be a bit firmer, use less (2/3 cup) hot water. I buy those tiny paper cup thingies that some fast food places give you condiments in. Then you just squeeze the jello shot into your mouth. Alternatively, you could just form in an ice cube tray and scoop out.

Mare

Geesh.....didn't know you could use it for all that......Only thing they didn't mention was using it as a douche... :lol2: 1/2 tsp. of vodka,and the rest water....the vodka drinkers will be following you around for the rest of the day..... :D

AlphaTroll

BeardofPants said:
And we drink this stuff?! :eek:

Luverly innit, 'specially if you consider some people like drinking it with Coke

1.In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2.You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3.To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl....... Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean.
4.The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

5.To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

6.To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

7.To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

8.To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; rap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

9.To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

10. Drink a glass of coke during the evening. If you then go onto brush your teeth within 2 hours of drinking the last sip, you are damaging your teeth rather than cleaning them as you brushing the acid into your teeth.

FYI:
1.The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It's pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2.To carry Coca Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly Corrosive materials.

3.The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Drink up! No joke. Think what coke and other soft drinks do to your teeth on a daily basis. A tooth will dissolve in a cup of coke in 24-48 hours.

Makes you feel all kinds of wonderful dunnit? :D

freako104

Camelyn said:
Another constructive use for vodka is to get rid of all that extra jello one tends to have lying about :D

Jello Shots

Prepare jello as per package instructions, substituting one cup of vodka for the one cup of cold water. If you want the shots to be a bit firmer, use less (2/3 cup) hot water. I buy those tiny paper cup thingies that some fast food places give you condiments in. Then you just squeeze the jello shot into your mouth. Alternatively, you could just form in an ice cube tray and scoop out.

I like jello shots. esp when she has it on her chest thats fun.