Thinking too much?

IDLEchild

How much did you think about the pros and cons of telling someone you love them before you actually said you love them?

Not some powderpuff feelings of infatuation, but when you really felt it and, to the best of your knowledge, understood it was love.

Would you or did you still profess the love if you understood that it would never go anywhere? Would you still let the other know of your feelings towards them or is that pointless?

Again...none of that "You are my other half, my sunshine" sort of crap....more like "You put me through hell, I don't understand you in amount of years i've known you and yet still I keep coming back and, for the life of me, I don't understand why" sort of unrequited love....

For you, would it be worth telling the truth or simply acknowledging the wasted effort and moving on and letting time heal?

Did you just say it when you felt it or thought it out for months on end?

When/if I feel it, I will say it. In that moment.

Um, if you feel like you'll regret later not having said it, even if it's ending or wasted time or whatever it is, I think you should say it. You can say the rest too, but you should say it. So you don't spin around for years thinking you should have, and what would have happened if you'd said it.

I'm probably the most careful and meticulous planner I know. I'll attempt to plan around anything. Hell, I'd probably consider the pros and cons of a bowel movement.

But, when I've been in the position to deliver that line, there's been no consideration, no careful thinking, it just came out, or it didn't. If you're considering "pros and cons", don't say it. You ain't ready.

Leslie said:
Um, if you feel like you'll regret later not having said it, even if it's ending or wasted time or whatever it is, I think you should say it. You can say the rest too, but you should say it. So you don't spin around for years thinking you should have, and what would have happened if you'd said it.
I have to agree here, though I must say if you're in position that you're only chances of leting her know it is saying out of nothing, you're chances already ran out. Been there/done that. It sucks. Though I would have said it again just for the sake of it...

...though I realize today that at least in the last case I could have managed it better if I had not let the feelings overrun me, and done some things differently in the beginning...

Hmm I guess pistol whippin' could be considered foreplay.
Wouldn't make much sense post-coital though.

I had wondered for a while if I 'loved' Chris or was just liking him a lot .. but one day we were at Hickham and out of the blue, we both said it to each other .. at the exact same time. I literally had to stop and wonder if that was my deep voice :D

When it was all said and done, it was the right time ... and the right thing to do... no planning involved.

IDLEchild said:
Welll.....deed has been done

Got exactly what I expected....

nothing....

bummer.

Sorry to hear that. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I usually just let it happen. When my current said it i was shocked, but at the same time, it just came right out of my mouth as well. Didn't think about it or anything. I was shocked afterwards, but it felt right.

IDLEchild said:
Welll.....deed has been done

Got exactly what I expected....

nothing....

bummer.
sorry :(

But, like I said, now you won't have to spend a tortured lifetime wondering, and that is a good thing.

no, cause that's a load of crap. that's just he won't have to wonder forever "would things have been different if I'd said it?"

Back