This Canuk could teach Americans some values ...

jimpeel

or how to grow a set of balls.

I love this guy. He goes up against the Canadian "Human Rights Commission" and tells them they are thugs; that he hopes they demand he apologize to the radical Muslims; tells them they are irrelevant; and that he hopes they rule against him so he can get to a real court with real judges.

The synopsis of how this got started is HERE

The videos posted by Ezra Levant are as follows:

Opening Statement

What was your intent?

I don't answer to the state

Attributes of free speech

Entitled to my opinion?

The real violence in Edmonton

How does the commission make decisions?

Closing argument

Professur

You're asking way too much work to understand whatever the hell you're talking about, Jim. Cut to the chase already.

jimpeel

You're asking way too much work to understand whatever the hell you're talking about, Jim. Cut to the chase already.

I gave a link to the synopsis; but I guess it is easier to type all of those keystrokes than it was to move your mouse and click on the word "HERE" and read the following:

Ezra Levant recently confronted the tutelary power of Canada's administrative state in the person of one Shirlene McGovern of the Alberta Human Rights Commission. The former publisher of Canada's Western Standard, Levant has been called before McGovern to answer the complaint of Islamists offended by the publication of the Danish Mohammed cartoons in the Standard. In his statement and testimony to the commission (here, here, here, and here), Levant shows the spirit of the free man resisting the tyranny of the administrative state.

jimpeel

Tyranny. lol.

Tyranny comes in small doses until those who failed to recognize it finally wake up. Tyranny comes as a thief in the night not as marching hordes of soldiers in the street and the sound of rifle butts pounding your door.

Continue your restful sleep but be aware that something will eventually wake you up.

Alexis de Tocqueville said it best; and it was you, and your ilk, he had in mind when he wrote it.

Above these [citizens] an immense tutelary power is elevated, which alone takes charge of assuring their enjoyments and watching over their fate. It is absolute, detailed, far-seeing, and mild. It would resemble paternal power if, like that, it had for its object to prepare men for manhood; but on the contrary, it seeks only to keep them fixed irrevocably in childhood; it likes citizens to enjoy themselves provided that they think only of enjoying themselves. It willingly works for their happiness; but it wants to be the unique agent and sole arbiter of that; it provides for their security, foresees and secures their needs, facilitates their pleasures, conducts their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their estates, divides their inheritances; can it not take away from them entirely the trouble of thinking and the pain of living?

Subjection in small affairs manifests itself every day and makes itself felt without distinction by all citizens. It does not make them desperate, but it constantly thwarts them and brings them to renounce the use of their wills. Thus little by little, it extinguishes their spirits and enervates their souls....

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
funny how chipping away of various civil liberties is interpreted, er, variously around here.

Depends upon what is doing the chipping. Another citizen you can immediately marginalize by saying :stfu:. A government is damned near immune without a massive voter turn-out...;)

jimpeel

A radio interview with Mark Steyn on the Canadian Human Rights Commission and the subject of this thread.

CLICK HERE

If the above link does not work, go to http://850koa.com/main.html and hover on the dropdown "Shows on demand" link under the picture. Then click on the second link down entitled "Mike Rosen (9a-12p)". On the "Monday, January 21, 2008" page click on the 10AM hour "Listen" button. You may also right click on the button and "Save Target As ..." and save itto your hard drive.

There may also be some requirement to register at the site but that is no biggie and I have never received anything from the station.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Before I bother registering (if necessary) or listening, why are you pointing to a Canadian for an American dilemma?

jimpeel

Before I bother registering (if necessary) or listening, why are you pointing to a Canadian for an American dilemma?

The ythread is about a CANADIAN, Ezra Levant, who is being investigated by the CANADIAN Human Rights Commission and Mark Steyn, who is a CANADIAN writer is also being investigated by the CANADIAN Human Rights Commission.

Steyn does, however, mention the guy in Philly who is being harassed by the local human rights types for demanding his customers order sandwiches at his shop in English.

Other than that, there is no American dilemma. This is a purely CANADIAN issue that is being created by the CANADIAN Human Rights Commission.

Inkara1

It's mentioned in the Town Hall forum. The server only has two gigs of RAM, and when 100 spiders are slamming the site it has to use virtual memory... which is sssssssssslllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww. The guy that can upgrade the RAM is in Vegas, uhh, earning money, yeah, that's it, earning money to buy the memory.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Looks like I confused one long assed post for another somewhere. Sorry, my bad.

jimpeel

i think it's getting clogged up by that giant gay thread you started.

Is it my fault that I post threads which pique an interest in the subject matter in a large number of posters?

Of the 57 threads started by me, six have exceeded 100 replies.

In addition, the Dumbledore thread is fourth in the list of threads in the RW forum for the most replies to a thread.

I am just better at coming up with interesting shit to discuss, that's all.

chcr

Too cute for words
Is it my fault that I post threads which pique an interest in the subject matter in a large number of posters?

Of the 57 threads started by me, six have exceeded 100 replies.

In addition, the Dumbledore thread is fourth in the list of threads in the RW forum for the most replies to a thread.

I am just better at coming up with interesting shit to discuss, that's all.

In to yourself much?