This guy I know bet $150 he could eat 20 yogurts in an hour

spike

Ran into this guy I used to work with today in the plaza of our office building. He was laid out on a bench.

I asked him what was wrong and he said he just got done losing a bet. He bet another worker $150 that he could eat 20 of the 6oz Yoplait yogurts in an hour.

He said he made it to 9 before throwing up in front of a small crowd cheering him on. :)

120 oz of yogurt? Thats roughly a full gallon. I dare say few people could knock that out without trouble.

Who picked up the $40 tab in buying that many?

I don't know who picked up the tab for the yogurt. I would like to think the loser pays. Knowing the company I could easily see them sponsoring it.

Makes me think of other eating challenges. "I can eat 50 eggs" from Cool Hand Luke.

Try this one. 10 Saltines in a minute without a drink.

Wasn't there an old college bet like that, about downing a gallon of milk? Something in the stomache rejects it.

Yeah. The coolness makes the stomach shrink temporarily and it simply cannot break down the protein and sugars fast enough to pass it on through to the intestines. Just imagine a gallon jug in the middle of your ribcage trying to share room with the liver and heart. Its a bit of a juggling act at best.

I don't think 20 yogurts would cost $40...what kinda crazy expensive yogurt is that?

I don't think 20 yogurts would cost $40...what kinda crazy expensive yogurt is that?

Yoplait 6oz. They've been the self-described gourmet yogurt for the last 20 years. They're pretty expensive. Perhaps they're only 1.50 each... but certainly more than 1.25.

I'm pretty much thinking of one-offs though. 6 and 8 packs are probably down to the 80-90 apiece range.

Forgive my lack of knowledge of the yogurt market. I only buy large tubs of Dannon. Those things are like 3 bucks... but its quite hefty.

When my kids get all excited that I've bought chocolate powder, they go nuts and drink tons of choc. milk... they get sick after EVERY time.

I was challeneged to eat 6 Egg Muffins.. I mean it's not a WHOLE LOT but they make you SICK (but they are still gooooooood :p)

I was in a Krystal eating contest when I was 16. 4 friends and I started out with 25 each. All of them ended up around 19-20. I ate my 25 and the leftover collective 22 from them. 47 wasn't bad for one sitting. I felt a little bit ... uncomfortable after that.

I was in a Krystal eating contest when I was 16. 4 friends and I started out with 25 each. All of them ended up around 19-20. I ate my 25 and the leftover collective 22 from them. 47 wasn't bad for one sitting. I felt a little bit ... uncomfortable after that.

At 16, a young man is nothing but a food intake machine. Never could fix enough food to satisfy the son when he was that age.

Back