This is how it started...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
the first time. The US flooded Hawaii with US citizens who usurped the Native Hawaiian rulers with their votes. Now you have almost the exact thing happening. Why do non-native Hawaiians want to be on a Native-only voting register?

In Califonia & Arizona & Texas & Illinios & Florida and....

Psst...I'm focusing on a small group, first. You can't give babies BK king-sized meals and expect them to finish them. You have to start with smaller...;)

Ouch.

Actually.. I think all forms of gambing are highly illegal. They have no basic lotto or anything. They are a wee bit prouder and more organized than your typical reservation tennat.

Wonder where this stands now?

Hawai'i got screwed, as did a lot of other states. I personally am all in favor of righting these wrongs.

But that's just (or maybe not "just") me...

The Akaka Bill passed the House yesterday but it's not expected to pass the Senate. Same thing happened last session. Thing is Bush already said he'd veto it if it passes. He said something about wanting the US to be "one big melting pot" ... yeah, as if here in Hawai'i - probably one of the most diverse states in the union - we know nothing about that *rolls my eyes* .. We'll just have to wait and see ...

Rob's right - no gambling, no lotto. We can't even legally sell "raffle" tickets. There are some who are for a lottery though but no one is pushing that.

Back