This is how it starts...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
"We need an international framework convention for alcohol control, similar to that on tobacco, as soon as possible, to put into practice the evidence-based measures needed to reduce alcohol-related harm."

Call me an alarmist if you will, but once you start banning things, the next one becomes easier...

Source...

"In addition to diseases directly caused by drinking, such as liver disorders, a wide range of other conditions such as mouth and throat cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, depression and stroke are linked to drinking."

strangely enough, many of these things are also caused by the condition of being alive.

and i do think you are being a bit alarmist. there are tards everywhere that want to moralize their way into social relevance. sorry boys, stay in the lab, and stick to science.

strangely enough, many of these things are also caused by the condition of being alive.

Couldn't agree more! When one realizes that no matter how many precautions you take, how much fiber you ingest, et cetera and ad nauseum you could still be clocked out by a lightning bolt or whatever at any time, you FINALLY learn to live for right now and quit worrying so damn much. Death is in your future. Make plans for it- have your affairs in order, then Fugetaboutit! :headbng2:"Life 's no faster if you hurry, but so much more miserable when you worry"

"In addition to diseases directly caused by drinking, such as liver disorders, a wide range of other conditions such as mouth and throat cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, depression and stroke are linked to drinking."

and i do think you are being a bit alarmist. there are tards everywhere that want to moralize their way into social relevance. sorry boys, stay in the lab, and stick to science.

Not a smoker, eh? You can trace the steps if you like, but this is how the bans on smoking started. By attributing the harmful effects to health costs to society in general. Same for trans-fats.

One day, a whole bunch of people are going to wake up & realize the alarm bells have been sounded for quite some time. They just chose to ignore them.

Not a smoker, eh? You can trace the steps if you like, but this is how the bans on smoking started. By attributing the harmful effects to health costs to society in general. Same for trans-fats.

um, one did not have to be a smoker to have observed what happened. but last time i checked, you can still buy cigarettes and smoke them in your home, your car, and out-of-doors almost anywhere.

no one is going to ban alcohol. alcohol is already highly regulated and taxed.

one article about one group of science guys trying to make a name for themselves does not prohibition make. oh, yeah, and they tried that before.

trans fat? are you kidding? that shit IS extremely harmful, and very few understood it as such before somebody got their panties in a knot about it. (don't try to argue gonz, there's a shitload of science pointing toward how bad the shit is, AND this is well-acknowledged by food companies at this point.) if someone wants to CHOOSE to ingest that poison, that's fine, but don't fry my taters in that shit. fry 'em in good old beef fat! (or better yet, duck fat.)

hey look! WOLF!!!!

(btw gonz, i think you should make a stand on this. c'mon... put all that drama into action. be the brave objector! unbind and de-gag! whatcha gonna do?)

Back