This is just...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
too funny. I realize that some of you will be offended, but I couldn't give a rats arse. I found the result hilarious.

BEIJING — Chen Fuchao, a man heavily in debt, had been contemplating suicide on a bridge in southern China for hours when a passer-by came up, shook his hand — and pushed him off the ledge.

Chen fell 26 feet onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion laid out by authorities and survived, suffering spine and elbow injuries, the official Xinhua News Agency said Saturday.

*snicker*

I'm not surprised at what Lai did and his viewpoint of Chen being "selfish" is a typical Chinese view on a suicide that inconveniences the public.

I'm not sure 26 feet is high enough to kill you. You want to leap from high enough to do the job but not so high that you have time to rethink your decision before impact.

Damnied if ya do & damned if ya don't.
Well, its a shame that someone is to the point where they would take their own life in such a useless way.

If I were suicidal, I'd join the military and volunteer for a dangerous mission that involved killing some important and powerful guy in the Taliban (or assassinating Mahmoud Ahmadinejad*). At least I would have done something positive and valuable before offing myself.

*Except that we don't assassinate world leaders anymore.

Back