This is very interesting...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Apparently in the states only 47% of highschool students have had sex. Really, I guess that number isn't that low but it surely felt like a whole lot more than that when I was in highschool...the feeling that "everyone else" is doing it is obviously an illusion. Thinking back I was actually pretty early having sex, compared to friends, and I was well into grade 12...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_12977.aspx

Hmmm...that does seem low but perhaps folks were exagerating their experience to their peers or they were denying it to the poll takers.

Hmmm...that does seem low but perhaps folks were exagerating their experience to their peers or they were denying it to the poll takers.

I'd guess they were exagerating to their peers...and/or people were just assuming other people were having sex when they weren't.

Well, also, keep in mind that, at least to me, "high school students" implies students from 9th grade to 12th grade. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Most people turn 15 during their freshman year and turn 18 during their senior year.

The point is... phrase the question, "how many high school students" and it's probably around half... phrase it, "how many have had sex by the time they left high school" and I'm sure the number skyrockets.

I don't have numbers to back me up on an average cherry-popping, but from those I've talked to about it, the feeling I've gotten is most people have their first time somewhere between age 16 and 18.

Back