This question has been bugging me for so long

Thanks PT :headbang:

So how good is it, like Johny Walker *insert cordon colour here*

Its a bourbon base that is aged via special methods like using porous white oak and charcoal. Charcoal-mellowing refers to a process used to make Tennessee whiskey, such as Jack Daniel's. The process involves slowly dripping the newly made whiskey through giant containers hard-packed with 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal. The process takes ten days, and during this time the whiskey absorbs the essence of the charcoal, refining the spirit and giving it a unique flavor and aroma.

As the whiskey ages, the whiskey barrels "breathe." Because of this phenomenon, somewhere between eight to ten percent of the alcohol volume will be lost to evaporation in the first year. Evaporation continues over subsequent years at a rate of four to five percent per barrel. A good whiskey is likely to lose approximately thirty percent of its original volume by the time it is ready for bottling.

Thats an awesome online tour. I've been rooting through it for 40 minutes now and am only halfway through it all.

I saw the site, but my connection is crawling, i'll take the virtual tour in the night.

8,500 ($US) for an uncut barrel all for your very own. About 90ish proof and will yield roughly 240 bottles. It almost makes me want to become an alcoholic.

hey unc - wasn't that one of the places I suggested we go and see during our "across the continent" tour? I think it was a little out of the way though ...but just imagine the money we could have made selling that stuff out in Kentucky! :D

nalani said:
hey unc - wasn't that one of the places I suggested we go and see during our "across the continent" tour? I think it was a little out of the way though ...but just imagine the money we could have made selling that stuff out in Kentucky! :D
I'm not sure it would have gone over very well. Such whiskey would go for roughly 45$ a bottle... and the area seemed rather low ebb on personal tastes. Now if you would have said 200 cases of cheap ass beer... I would agree. Just staying 2 steps ahead of the law in a dry rural county could have been tough. I'm still up for it if you want to come back. ;)

You can't buy the stuff at the distillery. That's the word from my bro-in-law, who took the tour about 2 years back.

Back