this'd be a great show

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Initial ticket sales indicate that the Rolling Stones' July 30th show in Toronto will be the largest concert in the band's 41-year career. Over two-hundred-forty thousand tickets were sold in their first four days of availability, making it the Stones' largest ticketed event. That amazing number is expected to double beginning Friday (July 4th), when A&P supermarkets and other stores in Canada begin selling 340,000 additional tickets for the show, which also features AC/DC, Rush, Justin Timberlake, and others. An ad campaign in the U.S. is expected to begin soon, though Farmer Jack, the A&P-owned chain based in Michigan, will be the only U.S. supermarket outlet to carry tickets to the show.

Organizers of the Toronto concert say that Downsview Park can host up to 800,000 people -- the number that turned out to see Pope John Paul The Second there last summer.

:wink2:

source

gonna try and see if I can get me there :headbang:

I would much rather have seen AC/DC and Rush instead of No Doubt with the Stones :disgust:

Yeah, I think that's what's gonna make it so great...I wanna see some of the others just as much as the Stones :wink2:

i've never cared for the Stones....
i'll listen to them on the radio, but i've never owned one of their albums or had a desire to see them play live.

Same here Spot, but I purchased their Bridges to Babylon DVD on a whim and fell in love with it......it's like all new music and the songs sound sooooooooo much better.

alex said:
and the songs sound sooooooooo much better.

guess they finally got that whole playing in tune thing down pat after 40 or so years.... :silly:

Back