threat level is Elevated

Because if it always listed as 'high', it will become the new normal. It has to be deflated at least once in a while. Have they ever been at the lowest level?

til the homicide bombers are 'xploding in the
Wal-Marts no one is gonna take any of this seriously.

One man's 'credible' is another man's crackpot.

There is no effing way that the intel community is going to hang out their laundry to dry for everyone to disect. I wouldn't expect them too. Its a catch-22 all the way.

The gene pool would be better served by having them attack Starbucks.

I went to Starbucks a couple weeks ago. It was in desperation cause Tim's was closed. It was WEIRD!

They were grilling me - with disdain no less- about why I needed 8 coffees and a tea. Where are you going? Who is this for?! :eek6:
Muttering to themselves. And the dude with the hair got so confused ringing it in that he had to get his manager to come help him to make sure he did it right.

Several coffees at once is so out of the ordinary?

W.
T.
F.

After the ordeal, and the grilling, and the asstasting coffee we ended up with, I will NOT be going back there. Evar.

You should have said you were going to shoot the coffees down one after another then go throw the tea at a cop or something. Clearly, working at Starbucks makes you so self-absorbed that you can't imagine the possibility of doing something for someone else.

Timmy's closes? For what, national emergencies?

It was the Canada Day long weekend - the Tims downtown closes at 6 on a Sunday. :( Us grownups were holding a barbecue for the kidlets in the Navy League Compound on the waterfront - so they could have a fun party and then stretch out and sit in chairs later to watch the fireworks in a safe fenced area away from the masses.

The menfolks were barbecuing, so two of us wimminz volunteered to go on a coffee run so we didn't all die of coffeelessness. And got treated like terrorists in the bargain. Worst of all, we almost died of coffeelessness anyway. That coffee is the craptastickiest of all.

At least the kiddies had fun.

maybe we need a level in between yellow and orange:nerd:
one that factors in the chatter, open borders/ports, and chertoff's gut.:D

I went to Starbucks a couple weeks ago. It was in desperation cause Tim's was closed. It was WEIRD!

They were grilling me - with disdain no less- about why I needed 8 coffees and a tea. Where are you going? Who is this for?! :eek6:
Muttering to themselves. And the dude with the hair got so confused ringing it in that he had to get his manager to come help him to make sure he did it right.

remember, these were canadian starbucks employees. of course they were confused. they're probably more accustomed to slogging that cream-and-sugar glop with a drop of boot-hanging-in-vat coffee, ordered simply as a "regular" and in mass quantities.

the starbucks folks here are terribly friendly. their coffee is still kinda ass. but at least it's coffee.

Yeah...that's weird. The folks at Timmy's seemed rather bewildered that we wanted black coffee.

i met a guy in SF that preferred folgers for his coffee enemas. weird guy. trying to detox i think. also talked a lot of macho shit about "american power."

asshole...

Back