Tiger Direct

I've never, ever, ever, heard anything good about them since I started building computers using parts ordered from internet companies in mid 2000. Not once. Every single thing that involved Tiger Direct was a complaint.

Hmm, I bought almost all the parts for my Duron 800 system from them a little over a year ago, had no troubles at all, they did short me one stick of memory, but I called them up and had it in 2 days.

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

Mirlyn, can you take a gander here and let me know if you have any info? I'm looking to get away from Tiger, for good.

I just wish I could setup Net30 terms with Dell, all this would be moot.

me too gonz. I have only had 1 problem and they fixed me up within 2 days.

I haven't bought anything from them in 2 years.
I bought a 17" monitor from them 2 years ago.
It's still doing a good job, but they really raked me
over the coals on the shipping, so I don't buy from them
anymore. Thier shipping is a gouge IMO, and as Hex said
they aren't what they once were.
I get better deals locally now.:shrug:

I like thier shipping. It helps they ship from Chicago & it's next day to Fort Wayne. :D

greenfreak said:
Mirlyn, can you take a gander here and let me know if you have any info? I'm looking to get away from Tiger, for good.

Have you tried IBM? I've never done any refurb stuff apart from personal use bought from ebay, but I have seen off-lease stuff or resell equipment offered on IBM's site.

My IBM drive is still working, of course, it's still in the box they delivered it in (fourth RMA, same drive). I figure it'll last longer there. :/

My dad bought a 300MHz computer from them in February 1999. Everything that came with it still works, although some parts have been moved to different machines over the years.

The only thing I didn't like was that it came in a bright orange box with tiger stripes on it--very attention-grabbing--and it was left on our doorstep while we weren't home. Luckily, there were some bushes that obscured part of the front patio which made a good hiding spot for the UPS man to leave the box.

Back