Tim Horton's spins off from Wendys

HomeLAN

Tim Hortons Inc. has raised the estimated per-share price range for its initial public offering of 29 million shares to C$25 to C$27 ($22 to $24), company officials said Monday evening.

Last week, in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing, the Wendy's (WEN WEN0.00, 0.00, 0.0% ) spinoff prospect said it was looking to raise C$21 to C$23 ($18 to $20) per share in the expected IPO.

Tim Horton's (THI) , the Oakville, Ontario-based chain of 2,885 restaurants in Canada and the United States, offers coffee and baked good, among other items.

The New York Stock Exchange, operated by NYSE Group Inc. (NYX :
nyse group inc com) , has approved Tim Hortons shares to trade under symbol "THI," while the Toronto Stock Exchange has conditionally approved the same symbol. Goldman Sachs and RBC Capital Markets are underwriting the IPO.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Sto...291-4080-98F1-2C11EEE977F4}&siteid=mktw&dist=

Wendy's only recently bought them in the first place. Maybe 5 years. Hardly what I'd call a spin-off.

Hopefully it isn't too big a split. They've spent a lot of time and money building joint franchise restaurants, and I can finally get a Wendy's fairly close. Not that they're that fabulous, but their spicy chicken beats hell outta anything McD puts out.

Professur said:
Hopefully it isn't too big a split. They've spent a lot of time and money building joint franchise restaurants, and I can finally get a Wendy's fairly close. Not that they're that fabulous, but their spicy chicken beats hell outta anything McD puts out.

mmmm spicey chicken from Wendy's *drools*

Perhaps it is just perception with no rational thought involved, but I was upset with the merge/buyout thingie, and I'll be happier when they're separate entities again.

AND the coffee's been shite all this week, at TWO different stores. I'm NOT happy.

[/random vent]

Leslie said:
AND the coffee's been shite all this week, at TWO different stores. I'm NOT happy.

[/random vent]

Has tattoo girl not been around then?

Man, people always leave RIGHT before I need to PM them...*tries sending HL telepathic messages to come back online*

HomeLAN said:
Sorry. They actually expect you to produce around here.

You should work on producing some telepathic abilities :p Then we wouldn't have a problem :p

Yeah, my wife says the same thing. Never will accept my theory that it's her broadcasting abilities that are fucked, though.

HomeLAN said:
Yeah, my wife says the same thing. Never will accept my theory that it's her broadcasting abilities that are fucked, though.

Someone's confident that his wife won't read his posts.

No, you know that she's never wrong. She told you so herself.

Back