To all Canadians...

Again, I'd like to point out that Thanksgiving should be celebrated in November you bunch of northern freaks!!! D

p.s. That said, could you send me some turkey?

[b said:
]Again, I'd like to point out that Thanksgiving should be celebrated in November you bunch of northern freaks!!! :D

p.s. That said, could you send me some turkey?
Point 1: Winter is earlier here, thats why we hafta celebrate Thanksgiving earlier :D

Point 2: No turkey. Unless we use petsovernight.com.

mmmmm turkey day!

we're better cause we get turkey sooner! So, nah!

I had an Italian Thanksgiving last year. Not doing that anymore. It takes FOREVER to cook a 22 lb. meatball.....

At least you guys get done with your turkey leftovers before Christmas hits and you end up with an entirely new set of turkey leftovers. :eek:

I have a question .. what is the base of the Canadian thanksgiving? Is it just a day of thanks or does it have historical significance as well?

nalani said:
I have a question .. what is the base of the Canadian thanksgiving? Is it just a day of thanks or does it have historical significance as well?
Exactly the same as the USA except earlier because of the earlier snowfall.

last year i went to two thanksgiving dinners.

at the second one we had a traditional new orleans dish called a "chdurkey" or i've heard it called a "turducken"

it's a chicken, stuffed in duck, stuffed in a turkey, then coated in an andalusion (major misspell) sausage and cornbread stuffing.

amazing!

Out of curiosity, what do you eat at Thanksgiving if you don't eat meat? For me it just wouldn't be the same without the turkey.

LastLegionary said:
Squiggy said:
The Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria went there too? I never knew that....
Its North America. There was no Canada at that time.

Hmmmm...Good point LL. I wonder what the Mexicans do for Thanksgiving....*ponders a 22 lb. taco*

Back