To my fellow Tennesseeans

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I'm a day early, but I won't be online tomorrow probably. So I'll do it now.

Tomorrow is a holiday in Tennessee. Please take a few moments and say a private (or even better, a public) thank you to our Confederate dead. June 3 is Confederate Memorial Day in Tennessee. Honor the brave men who fought, suffered, struggled, and died to protect hearth and home from an invading army of misguided zealots and misinformed soldiers.

On behalf of all of us who honor your noble legacy, thank you one and all gentlemen. The cause for which you fought has not been forgotten, nor have all of us been boonswaggled into believing it to be anything but righteous. I am proud to honor you, and to keep the true account of your cause alive.

Deo vindice, gentlemen. Deo vindice.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And today is Tennessee Secession Day!

Join me in celebrating the best decision this state ever made.

Seceding was not the best decision Tennessee ever made since it drew your state into a war that was unwinnable at the time. The South had no real industrial base to call on, either, so had to rely on outside suppliers to equip the Confederate forces. Logistics were a nighmare. Warriors win battles. Logisticians win wars.

Compared to the other decisions this state has made, it ranks right up there.

You do the right thing for the right reasons. Then you do your dead level best. That's all you can do. Given your profession, you should know that.

Gato_Solo said:
Seceding was not the best decision Tennessee ever made since it drew your state into a war that was unwinnable at the time. The South had no real industrial base to call on, either, so had to rely on outside suppliers to equip the Confederate forces. Logistics were a nighmare. Warriors win battles. Logisticians win wars.

:tomato:

Standing up for what you believe in despite the odds against you....go Rocky Top!

*sits remembering 4 glorious season, fantastic people, great football (I lived there the year the Titans were good), and the enjoyment of a beautiful state!*

*goes to mope that she moved*

SouthernN'Proud said:
Compared to the other decisions this state has made, it ranks right up there.

You do the right thing for the right reasons. Then you do your dead level best. That's all you can do. Given your profession, you should know that.

I also know that relying on outside suppliers is not a way to fight a war. With the intelligence of the leadership at the time, I'm surprised the didn't bide their time. I'll let you slap my face, if it gives me a chance to stick a knife in your kidneys. :shrug:

SouthernN'Proud said:
Hard to bide time when you get invaded. That kinda takes the scheduling out of your hands.

I'm talking about the 'official' shooting war, not the policies that led up to it...

I'm a day early, but I won't be online tomorrow probably. So I'll do it now.

Tomorrow is a holiday in Tennessee. Please take a few moments and say a private (or even better, a public) thank you to our Confederate dead. June 3 is Confederate Memorial Day in Tennessee. Honor the brave men who fought, suffered, struggled, and died to protect hearth and home from an invading army of misguided zealots and misinformed soldiers.

On behalf of all of us who honor your noble legacy, thank you one and all gentlemen. The cause for which you fought has not been forgotten, nor have all of us been boonswaggled into believing it to be anything but righteous. I am proud to honor you, and to keep the true account of your cause alive.

Deo vindice, gentlemen. Deo vindice.

*bump*

Back