tonights trivia

unclehobart

1.This newcomer popstar recorded his first album with minimal gear, in his bedroom, in his underwear.

2. What band is represented upon Buttheads shirt?

3. What does the R in R Kelly stand for?

4. Name the soul legend that wrote the Aretha Franklin hit RESPECT.

5. 4 parter.. name the lead singers of: KORN, Janes Addiction, Steely Dan, and the Doobie Brothers

unclehobart said:
1.This newcomer popstar recorded his first album with minimal gear, in his bedroom, in his underwear.

2. What band is represented upon Buttheads shirt?

3. What does the R in R Kelly stand for?

4. Name the soul legend that wrote the Aretha Franklin hit RESPECT.

5. 4 parter.. name the lead singers of: KORN, Janes Addiction, Steely Dan, and the Doobie Brothers
i took a slow pill or something today....acdc is on buttheads shirt and perry farrell is(was?) the lead singer of jane's addiction.....right?

Name these songs based upon these lyrics:

1. Tell your brother. Tell your sister and your momma too. Were gonna throw down.

2. Its bigger than you and you are not me. The lengths that I will go to..

3. Now ___ was a gambler. He stood about six foot four...

4. My father was a gambler down in Georgia... but he wound up on the wrong end of a gun.

5. What was SADE's first top 10 hit?

unclehobart said:
Name these songs based upon these lyrics:

1. Tell your brother. Tell your sister and your momma too. Were gonna throw down.

2. Its bigger than you and you are not me. The lengths that I will go to..

3. Now ___ was a gambler. He stood about six foot four...

4. My father was a gambler down in Georgia... but he wound up on the wrong end of a gun.

5. What was SADE's first top 10 hit?
1. word up
2. losing my religion
3. bad bad leroy brown
4. and i was born in the backseat of a greyhound bus rollin down highway 41.....lord i was born a rambling man, trying to make a livin and doin the best i can....that songgg.

All correct. You slammed round two and the bonus question. You would have done us some good since we missed Word Up.

unclehobart said:
All correct. You slammed round two and the bonus question. You would have done us some good since we missed Word Up.
you would have laughed if you saw me...i was just gushin out the lygrics to that song until i finally remembered the title...talk about a flashback.

1. which band was composed of the Timmins family and had the 1988 album Trinity Season?

2. Which Chicago single didn't hit #1? If You Leave me Now, You're the Inspiration, Look Away, Hard to Say I'm Sorry

3. Which band took heat for their controversial album cover 'Nothings Shocking'?

4. How many kids had Mick Jagger fathered by 1999?

unclehobart said:
1. which band was composed of the Timmins family and had the 1988 album Trinity Season?

2. Which Chicago single didn't hit #1? If You Leave me Now, You're the Inspiration, Look Away, Hard to Say I'm Sorry

3. Which band took heat for their controversial album cover 'Nothings Shocking'?

4. How many kids had Mick Jagger fathered by 1999?

1. Cowboy Junkies did an album called Trinity Sessions....dunno 'bout Trinity Season.
2. Dunno, I don't care much for Chicago.
3. Jane's Addiction
4. Dunno, I don't follow Mick's little soldier's antics.

1. Cowboy Junkies did an album called Trinity Sessions....dunno 'bout Trinity Season.... correct.. sorry.. my bad. I couldn't read my own speed writing upon the answer sheet.
2. Dunno, I don't care much for Chicago.
3. Jane's Addiction ...yes
4. Dunno, I don't follow Mick's little soldier's antics.

name the duets that did these songs:

Shake Your Grove Thing

Endless Love

I Don't Know Much

After All

and the final mega bonus question... What was Vanilla Ice's second greatest hit?

Endless Love - diana ross and lionel ritchie

I Don't Know Much - aaron neville and linda ronstadt

unc said:
Steely Dan - David Palmer no
Doobie Brothers - Tom Johnston no

Hmmm.........gods, ye know I can be dumb as dirt sometimes.....Palmer was on keyboards wasn't he (for the studio sessions or summin). But didn't Becker & Fagan both do the vocals?

Doobies - I coulda sworn it was Tom Johnson......but anyway, if I'm wrong I'm wrong eh?

Duets:

Shake Your Grove Thing (is that shake yer groove thing?) - my guess is Peaches & herb.....but I'm not sure.

Endless Love (which version?) Diana Ross & Lionell Richie did one, Luther Vandross did one too if I remember correctly.

I Don't Know Much - Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt

After All - I have no clue

Vanilla Ice hit - I'll take a stab in the dark & say 'Play that funky music'?

Back